Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Running Paradise



Today, I had my first taste of what I've been waiting for for what seemed like an eternity. 

I woke up and worked out in my own home!!  

I have to say, it's so nice to be able to roll out of bed, throw on some shorts and walk down to my basement where I can spend that hour of my morning to myself.  I actually love to run first thing in the morning.  It's definitely my time in more ways than one.  It's my time to mediate, to think, to focus, to sweat, to watch tv….I love every second. 

Do you know what else is nice?  Being able to shower in my own house. Ah, it's the little things that make me happy. :) 

After a great workout and a hot shower, I made breakfast. 

Apple Oats with Apple Crumb Vita Top (these are new and they are FANTASTIC!)

I was so excited to see a new flavor of Vita Top and thought this would be wonderful on a bowl of my apple oats. It was right!  I crumbled half on top and also added a little vanilla greek yogurt and almond butter.

 Eaten with some delicious strawberries.

I decided to bring my lunch to work to avoid another day of eating out. The easiest thing for me to pack is a frozen meal so I opted for my one and only favorite….



This may look gross, but it's awesome!  Have you ever seen a frozen meal that contains plantains, black beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and so much flavor? Love!  Although I was feeling a little bloated for the rest of the day.  I think from the sodium?

When I got home, I spent a few hours doing some more unpacking.  It feels so good to have things finally cleared out.  I'll be so happy to get all of the boxes out of here but we've made significant progress. We started to get hungry in the midst of unpacking and decided to run out and grab some dinner.

I happened to have a groupon for El Sol Express (which is the take-out version of my favorite Mexican restaraunt, El Sol)
 Chips and Salsa 

I ordered the Ensalada Fresco which had roasted red peppers, olives, avocados, grilled shrimp and tortilla strips. 

I then proceeded to douse this thing in salsa.  It was mind blowing! 

I'm feeling pretty exhausted today.  I'll be so happy when Toly and I can come home and just relax.  There is still a lot to do and we're definitely the type of people who feel the need to get it all done right away.  I can't let things sit.  It's pretty bad actually, I'm a little obsessed with having perfect order.  Good thing Toly is a neat freak or else I don't think this whole marriage thing would work. :) 

Goodnight!! 

Photobucket