Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Movin' On Up!


Guess what! 

We have HOT WATER!!!!  

Huge sigh of relief.  This has been such a big week and it looks like things will be pretty much finished up by the end of the week.  Tomorrow, our concrete is being poured in the driveway and sidewalks and Friday, our kitchen counter tops are being installed.  All of the last minute touch ups are winding down and we're running out of things to ask our builder (which is a good thing!) 

Even though we have hot water now, we still didn't early this morning so that meant it was back to the gym. 

I actually don't mind going to the gym so early.  I'm use to getting up anyway and since I live so close, it's not too much of a hassle. 

I decided to shower there, throw on some sweats and come home to get ready.  

Before I got ready for work, I couldn't put off breakfast.  I was starving. 


Kashi Go Lean, Oatmeal Square, Kashi Berry Blossoms, Berries, Banana, 1/2 Crumbled Allie Bar

I'm down to my last 2 Allie bars and I'm starting to freak out.  These things are so good and I'll be so sad when they are gone.  But I can't help it, they're too good to save. 

I also cut up 1/2 a grapefruit which was exceptionally sweet. 


If you notice, this meal was eaten on my kitchen table.  Do you remember this thing from the old house? We've moved this into the kitchen and plan to get our dining room set this weekend.  It's actually a perfect fit for the breakfast nook so we're happy we didn't get rid of it. 

I had some afternoon meetings today out of the office but remembered to bring my leftovers from last night to eat before heading out. 

1/2 Roasted Veggie Sandwich and side salad 

After my meetings, I needed to do a quick store run to grab some more essentials.  We really don't have much and I feel like I'm starting over with stocking up on staples.  I'm trying to write down the basics as I think of them but surprising I remembered to get things like butter, salt, and pepper today.  Oh and chocolate chips.  Obviously that was a priority. :) 

I decided rather than go out, I would just pick up dinner from Wegmans.  Wegmans actually has some really great sushi and one of the best salad bars so I thought this would make an excellent dinner with no clean up. 

Jumbo Lump Crab California Roll 

Side Salad with Roasted Vegetables 


Perfect dinner!  

Tonight was our first time eating dinner at our kitchen table.  Still eating from plastic forks and drinking wine from big blue plastic cups but at least we had chairs to sit on. 


We're moving on up! 

So excited for a HOT shower tomorrow in my own house. ;)  It's amazing how much you appreciate the little things when you don't have them. 

Goodnight! 



Photobucket