Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Green Room


Happy St. Patricks Day!!

 I'm actually Irish (maiden name is O'Neil) but I never really got into St. Patricks Day.  I do have to say, the thought of drinking green beer does intrigue me. 

Did anyone celebrate with "Kegs n' Eggs" this morning??  As tempted as I was, I forwent the bars and opted for something a little lighter.  


Pineapple Kiwi and Blueberries, Pineapple Chobani, Natures Path Granola, Chia Seeds

1/2 Ezikel English Muffin with Almond Butter and Mashed Banana with Flax


The only thing green about this breakfast was the kiwi.  Oh well, the green beer will have to come later. :) 

After some meetings today, I had a very exciting lunch date to go to with one of my co-workers.  I recently got a groupon for a new Organic Bistro and Juice Bar that I have been dying to try. 

It's name was so appropriate for the day…. 

The Green Room only uses local, organic ingredients that is creative, fresh and incredible delish! 

When I sat down and looked at the menu, my eyes immediately went to the Polenta Fries. 


Unfortunately, the waiter came around and exchanged my menu.  Apparently I had a dinner menu, not the lunch menu and sadly, the Polenta Fries were not on the lunch version.  So sad. 

We decided to supplement with the homemade Edamame Hummus. 


I am not joking when I say this was some of the best hummus I've ever had!!!!  I can't even explain the flavor but I definitely detected cilantro, citrus and tons of garlic. 

For my main entree, I went right for the veggie burger. 


 Now this my friends, is a veggie burger!


 I was in love with everything about this burger.  It came with house made chips and a side of dill sauce.  I skipped over the dill and managed to smoother my burger in more of that amazing hummus.



It was really a fantastic lunch!  I'm already planning my next trip back. 

On our walk back to the car, we spotted an adorable little bakery next door.  The smell alone was enough to draw us in, even just to look. 

Looking was enough to turn into needing to try one of their cute little macaroons. 

 Chocolate Mint in honor of St. Patricks Day! 

It was the perfect lunch dessert.

Lisa and I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon lunch date!  It was such a lovely afternoon.


Well, lovely until I got back to my car and found this…...

My very first parking ticket!!!!!!  I swear I missed the meter time by 2 min.  I saw the cop there when I got back so he must have just got me.  Nuts!  I felt so bad about it though, that I immediately put 5$ in the envelope and paid it.  I may have even attached a little "I'm sorry" note.  I hate breaking the rules. :(

After a long day, I came home and relaxed for a bit before I got to work on some more unpacking.

I worked well up until 7pm and finally had to put something in my belly.

I contemplated eating some kind of "real" dinner, but when it came down to it, all I really wanted was a bowl of cereal.  It sounded so refreshing and light which is exactly what I wanted.

Barbara's Multigrain Chex, Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Go Lean, Berries, Banana, 1/2 Crumbled Vita Top

This totally hit the spot. 

Now I'm finally relaxing!!!  It feels so good to sit back and relax. Toly is out drinking green beer so it's my first night alone in the new house.  I have to say, I'm definitely enjoying the vibe. 

Today our concrete was poured so we finally have a driveway and sidewalks.  Tomorrow, the countertops arrive!!!!!  I am so excited because that is the final piece.  Tomorrow, everything should be finished up in here and we are hopefully getting our new furniture.  Once I have things put together, I plan on doing a house photo tour.  

Until tomorrow everyone. 

Photobucket