Thursday, March 24, 2011

RIP Beloved Granola


I love granola. 

Who doesn't? 

But I really really do love granola.  I've tried many brands over my time but one of my all time favorite is one that no longer exists.  Yes, sadly, my favorite granola is now extinct and has been for almost a year now.  I have been hoarding this box for nearly a year and today, I finally broke down and opened it. 


I figured I probably shouldn't keep a perishable any longer than a year anyways and it has been staring at me just waiting to be eaten. 

I have no idea what makes this particular granola so different but Zoe's is unlike no other.  It's distinctly sweet, has intense flavors of almond extract and has the biggest and best clusters I've ever seen in a granola. 

You better believe I will be savoring each and every bit of this little box. 

 Today, I enjoyed a handful mixed into my cereal bowl.

Yogi Cherry Almond Clusters, Kashi Go Lean, Zoe's Honey Almond Granola, Raspberries, Blueberries, a spoon of Vanilla Chobani for some protein, Almond Butter


Love!

I had a day of travel in this horribly cold, miserable wet Thursday.  In route, I b-lined into a S-Bux for a much needed hot beverage.


Tall Soy Misto with SF Carmel 

After some presentations it was going on 2pm and I hadn't eaten anything since my breakfast.  I was starving and saw a Panera right across the street. 

You Pick 2: Fugi Apple Chicken Salad (sans chicken) Broccoli Cheddar Soup

I was really craving the Vegetable Soup but they were all out.  I really shouldn't eat the broccoli cheddar (even though its so good) because it does awful things for my digestive system, but I went blank when they didn't have my first choice.  I ate less than half of the soup because I still needed to be at some meetings and I didn't want to have stomach somersaults in the middle.  I did clean the salad bowl and saved the apple for later. 

Dinner tonight was quick and delicious, thanks Trader Joe's frozen Ravioli. 


I was so excited to try these but actually slightly disappointed.  I couldn't really taste the goat cheese and detected no signs of sun dried tomatoes.  Still good but the Butternut Squash is 100X better.


I paired my ravioli with some Rustica sauce on a bed of spinach and roasted some broccoli with garlic gold on the side.


Completed with Panera Asiago bread and Merlot.

We ate in the dining room tonight!!  Love the atmosphere in here.  I think we'll eat most of our dinners in the dining room.  Plus, it has fantastic light as the sun sets on that side every night, so it should make for some lovely photographs.


In Other News: 
I got my hair done (finally) last weekend.  It's much lighter and I'm trying to grow it out.  Toly loves long hair on me but I'm not a big fan.  We'll see, I'm sure I'll get bored with this look soon. 


TG(tomorrow)IF!!!!!! 


Photobucket