Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back to Cooking, Back to Me



I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seats wondering how the TV hanging went….

Well, I'm happy to report it was a success! 


The movie theater living room is now complete. ;) 


This morning, I was suddenly stirred from a deep sleep by the sounds of rumbling thunder.

It had me up for about 20 min before my alarm was set to go off, so by the time it did, I had no trouble rolling out from under the covers and right into a workout.

I did a great speed work/interval run today which is something I haven't done in a long time.

5 min warm up at 6.0
5 min at 6.5- .05% incline
4 min at 7.0 - 1% incline
3 min at 7.5- 2% incline
2 min at 8.0 - 2.5% incline
1 min at 8.5 - 3% incline (killer!)
repeat

This was about 4 miles and then I followed it with an easy mile to cool down.

After my run, I finished up with 10 min of abs.

Breakfast was so very good all because of a new cereal.

I've had this once before and LOVED it so much.  I usually don't buy it because its always so expensive but I found all the Yogi cereals at Big Lots for $2.  I bought them all naturally.

1/4 Cup Walnut Crunch, 1/2 Cup Barbra's Multigran Chex, Banana, Blackberries, Banana Walnut Granola, Almond Milk 


I eat a lot of cereal, but this has to be one of my favorites.  The walnut crunch is so good but I'm very excited to try all of the varieties.

I packed my lunch again today (finally back to my usual packing schedule thank goodness!)

Smoked Salmon with Laughing Cow, Dijon, Spinach on a Honey Wheat Thin

Chobani and Grapes on the side

When I got home, I did a little more decorating around the house and then put together dinner.

I made a quick pumpkin, chic pea, spinach risotto that turned out great!


With my risotto, I roasted a ton of Brussels sprouts in some evoo and garlic gold.


Toly had Trader Joe's Orange chicken with brown rice and peas.


And we equally shared a salad with strawberries, asparagus, almonds and feta.



It's so nice to be back to cooking again.  I feel like myself again. ;) 

Have a wonderful night everyone! 

Photobucket