Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Hills Are Alive


Wow, so it seems like you guys are completely split down the middle in terms of workout times.  1/2 of you are early birds and the other 1/2 are night owls.  Someone even said they like to workout past 10pm!!!  Kudos to you girl, I have a hard enough time sitting on my butt watching TV past 8 so that is remarkable.

My day started off great.  I woke up (at my usual time) got in a solid 5 mile run followed by 15 min on the ET and then promptly got ready so that I could spend the most important time devoted to breakfast.

I realized today as I was getting dressed how ready I am for warm weather.  I can't wait to put the sweaters away and pull out the cute open toed shoes.  When mother nature, when???


I poured myself a mixture of 3 fabulous cereals…..

Yogi Walnut Spice, Barbars Multigrain Chex, Oatmeal Squares, Banana, Blackberries, Chia and a tiny spoon of Mighty Maple

I always need some kind of protein with breakfast so if it's not greek yogurt, it's some kind of nut butter.  The smallest amount goes a long way, especially melted into a soggy cereal bowl.  It's my favorite! 


I had some major catch up and prep to do in the office this morning and broke for lunch to come home and let Sammy out.  I thought about packing up my lunch and taking it with me to work to get more work done, but I realized I needed a mental break from the office atmosphere.  I decided to compromise by eating lunch here but catching up on work emails from home.  Good compromise!

Amazing Salad: Spinach, Leftover Pecan Rice Pilaf, Pear, Beets, Avocado, Cucumber, Sprouts, Feta

 I am LOVING my light opportunity in this house.  I have a nice big window where the sun hits in the afternoon with a large sill that I am able to take the perfect lunch pictures.



When I got back to work, I worked non stop for the rest of the day.  Somewhere in there, I also ate a Peach Chobani but didn't feel the need to photograph it.  You all know what Chobani looks like.

My good friend and co-worker surprised me today with a beautiful housewarming gift!


She is so thoughtful and knows my style so well.  I love fresh plant life in this house. :)

When I got home, I decided that I needed to take advantage of the last nice day we will have this week and get outside to run a few miles.  I'm not really feeling much of anything for this race on Sunday.  I know I can do it but I'm not feeling majorly confident or majorly unsure.  Just neutral I guess.  I'm definitely not trying to PR and I plan to just have fun.

I ran around the neighborhood a few times covering 3 miles.  OH MY GOSH I know I've said it before but the HILLS ARE THE DEATH OF ME!!  My negative splits were kind of pathetic but I'm telling you, the entire neighborhood is built on a mountain. I finished in around 28 (9:30) min which is a whole minute + plus some seconds slower than my usual treadmill pace.  Hoping I'll fall somewhere in the middle for the race.

My plan was to get dinner on the table at a reasonable time tonight so I could reserve more time for relaxing.

I pulled out my handy tofu press to prep.  Wow, I've missed this thing.  I almost forgot I even had it and how much easier it makes life when cooking tofu.

For the meal, I made my own version of Thai Pineapple Rice with Coconut Curry Tofu.

 It tasted delicious!  For the tofu, I used a coconut curry sauce I picked up at the store that was pretty tasty.  Not even close to the curry that I get at a real Thai restaurant but still good.

I layered the rice on a bed of spinach and served it with 1/2 a pita.

Toly's bowl was similar only he had chicken. 


Delicious dinner!  I'll try to remember to put up the recipe for this because its a keeper. 

Hope you're having a great week! 


Photobucket