Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Way To Start The Week



Starting the work week off in my new house is a great feeling.  Although today was a bit abnormal than my usual mornings will be, I still loved it. 

I woke up early to get to the gym.  Toly was able to get my treadmill put together last night but I needed to use the shower at the gym so I figured I might as well just use theirs. 

I ran 6 miles in under an hour and then showered, came home and put together a cereal bowl for breakfast. 

Barbar's Multigran Chex, Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Go Lean, Banana, Blueberries, Almond Butter 

I have to say, I'm incredibly spoiled with my 2 second commute to the office.  I'm not joking when I say my work is in our backyard.  It takes me less than a minute to get there and longer to park and walk to the third floor.  So nice! 

I had a meeting this morning and was supposed to have a business lunch but it got cancelled.  I immediately called my friend Jess to see if she wanted to grab lunch.  We both had so much to share with each other so it worked out well. 

We went to Cafe Magnolia (my favorite) for some fabulous salads. 

Grilled Salmon with Coconut Over Greens, Strawberries, Almonds with a Poppyseed Dressing on the side

It was an incredible lunch. 

When I got off work, I came home excited to see that the plumbers had been there.  Yes, the plumbers finally showed up…the good news.  The bad news….still no hot water!!!  Apparently, we have gas which means a different guy has to come out to hook up the heating component to the water.  UGH!!!!  So close too!  Hopefully that will be taken care of tomorrow but I guess its back to the gym in the morning. 

The guys were still working so Toly and I wanted to get out of their way for dinner.  We went down the road to The Pizza Grille for a quick bite. 

Even though The Pizza Grille is known for their gourmet pizza's, I was really feeling one of their grilled Veggie Sandwiches. 

Grilled Vegetables on Homemade Foccacia with a Side Salad

I asked for a side of hummus which I feel should already come on it but I guess they don't know how incredible hummus and grilled veggies is. 


I also love how this place has La Croix.  Favorite beverage of mine! 


Although we still have a few little inconveniences we are absolutely loving our new home.  After this weekend, it should be pretty much all put together.  

Thank you for all of your kind words and compliments on the new house.  We read every single one and are so grateful to hear them. 

Enjoy the night. 

Photobucket