Friday, March 18, 2011

Lots of Surprises Today




Look what came today!!!!!


My countertops!  

Toly's dad was able to get us a really grate deal on this beautiful granite.  I had no idea how amazing it would all look together.  Now my kitchen is complete. 

Well, almost, I still need the plumbers to come back on Monday to install my sink.  Let's hope they show up this time. 

Look what else came today!!!!


Ahhh, my baby!  Oh how I've missed him.  Sammy was totally confused at first and spent a good hour sniffing the entire house from top to bottom.  I was just waiting for him to "make his mark" on my new carpet, but so far so good. He seems to be adjusting well.  I'm glad we didn't get the new furniture today because I think having the old sofa here is something he can associate with.  He knows its his stuff only in a new house.

I had to be at an early morning presentation but woke up early enough to get in a workout.

30 min on the treadmill
20 min on Elliptical
10 min Abs

After that, it was time to eat!



Van's Waffle with Vanilla Chobani, Berries, Almond Butter, Granola 


Also ate this with 1/2 a Grapefruit.  Delish!

It was the perfect spring day.  Sunny and a warm 70 degrees.  I was so happy to drive with my windows down at 9:30am.

On my way back to the office this morning, I swung by the Health Food Store to pick up lunch.

 They have the best hummus.  Nothing sounded better than heaps of hummus slathered between whole wheat bread.


Good thing I listened because this was fantastic!!!  Ugh, I adore hummus sandwiches.


Because obviously, this wasn't enough hummus, I decided to make up for the lack with more hummus.  Carrots and grapes were eaten as well along with a tall glass of sparkling water.  This was an ideal lunch in my opinion.

When I got off, Toly and I did some cleaning.  There were so many workers here today and the house was a mess.  We scrubbed the floors and did some vacuuming.  The one drawback about a new house is all of the dust.  We're told it's going to take awhile for the dust to subside but having the windows open today did help.

After a few hours of cleaning, I started on dinner.

The was the first night I used my new stove and I'm forever in love.  This cast iron stainless steel gas stove is sick!!!  Oh the joy I will have in my kitchen.

Tonight, I kept it simple though with pizza and salad.  The pizza was Amy's No Cheese and Roasted Veggie which is quite possibly my favorite frozen pizza on this earth.


I definitely kicked it up a few notches by adding some Nutritional Yeast (first time trying this and I LOVED it) and also some of this…


I stumbled across this gem the other day at the health food store.  I have been searching high and low for Garlic Gold and was close to buying it online.  Have you tried this stuff?  It's crazy good! Now I understand the hype. 

After dinner we took Sammy for a walk around the new neighborhood and tomorrow, I'm hoping to finally get out there and do some exploring with a run. 

Gosh, it's good to be home! 



Photobucket