Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mental State of Choas

Do you ever have those days where you feel as the world is passing you at full speed and you just can’t keep up? Lately, I’ve been feeling this way. I’m not really sure where my mind has been this week, but I’ve just been all over the place. I can’t seem to keep my days straight, my thoughts in order or my brain on track. I think there are some days where I feel I just need a complete mental health day where absolutely no thinking is required. Wishful thinking, I know, but it sure would be nice.

Well, aside from my chaotic mental state, the week has been rather uneventful. I’ve been slacking on my posts lately, but don’t worry, the kitchen has been fully operating with some wonderful eats.

Here is the proof….

Breakfasts have been sensational……


Kashi Blueberry Waffle with Sauteed Nectarine/Bluberry Syrup

Fruit, Granola, Yogurt Bowl

Lunches are always a treat….


Tuna Salad Wrap


And dinner, well dinners are my time to shine.

I love getting creative after a long day. I think the key to making a spectacular and unique meal is to take something basic and turn it into something magical.

For example, tonight, I took one of the most standard vegetables known to man, the potato, and totally kicked it up a notch.


On the Menu: Sensational Stuffed Spuds

First, I took a regular old sweet potato and baked it for about an hour while we were at the gym.
Then, I made a quick Tuscan salad by combining white beans, basil, tomatoes, avocado, and balsamic.

Once the potato was cooked, I sliced it down the middle to make a nice big well for the bean salad. Lastly, I topped the spud with some crumbled goat cheese and back into the oven so everything could melt together.

For Toly’s stuffed spud, I took a regular potato, baked it, scooped out the insides, mixed them with some sour cream, cheese, bacon and ham and re-stuffed/re-baked.








We also had the rest of mama P’s Vinaigrette but to add a little more volume, I included spinach.

Isn’t this meal just beautiful? So colorful, so flavorful, so easy, and soooooo delicious!


Now I must prep myself for the big premier of Greys. It’s extremely doubtful that I will be able to survive the entire 2 hours, but we’ll see how it goes.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and thank goodness that I have a hot date to look forward to. The hubby and I have reservations at a fancy new seafood restaurant. We have a gift card and also a free dinner that will expire if we don’t go this weekend. That would be devastating to let a gourmet seafood dinner go to complete waste! I’ll let you know how it is.

Have a good night friends!

13 comments:

  1. Everything EVERYTHING is beautiful in this post :D Dinner time is definitely your time to shine. That recipe sounds incredible, and I really want to make it. I just have to check if I have a can of white beans. But seriously, it sounds so appetizing.

    Hope you're able to wind down and enjoy your Friday tomorrow :D

    X's and O's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been feeling a little out of sorts lately. I can totally relate! Things have been too busy for us and I never feel like I can get a good grip on things. Get some rest this weekend and ENJOY the date. Love the white potato for him and sweet for her- we do the same thing hahah. Great fresh bfasts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! I wonder if there's something in the air - I, too, have been feeling rather unfocused, scattered, and downright stressed lately. Hopefully we will both have great weekends so we can recharge and refocus. Have fun at the seafood restaurant - sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this sweet potato w/ veggie topping looks soooooooooooo good!!! Think it'd be good with feta, I'm not the biggest goat cheese fan? :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. my boyfriend just paused from the video game he is playing and pointed at your fruit bowls, "those look GOOD!" he is so right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm...I LOVE fruit and yogurt and granola together for breakfast! It is so good and satisfying. Lauren, I'm so excited to see you both at our wedding in a couple weeks! I can't believe it will be here before we know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I feel like that constantly lately as I'm trying to juggle so many things and have time to actually relax.
    I'm sorry you're feeling out of sorts but hopefully with the weekend here you can do just that...relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, YES! This week has just been insane!! I hope you get some time to unwind this weekend :)

    Those stuffed spuds look fantastic - nice and comforting!!

    Enjoy your date night tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. everything looks SOOO good!! Enjoy your seafood meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! love all those colors! and i love that sweet potato idea!! i will certainly have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. im sorry everything seems so crazy for you right now!! hoping it will calm down for you soon!!

    beautiful eats as usual- yummy granola bowl and nice wrap!! i may hafta go make myself some tuna right now!!

    have a wonderful day and weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, yum, yum, yum! I could literally eat that lat meal off the computer screen right now. Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete