Friday, September 25, 2009

Eat Pure. Live Pure. Pure Bar Product Review

Eat Pure. Live Pure.
Such great words to live by, don’t you agree?

This is the motto of the new raw and organic company Pure. Pure produces certified organic and vegan nutrition bars that are not only body-friendly but also eco-friendly. Pure Bars are all natural and contain no refined or artificial ingredients. They are dairy, soy, and gluten free. Each bar contains 400mg of Omega 3’s, 4g of organic fiber, a healthy dose of antioxidants and 1 ½ servings of fruit.

I recently was given the opportunity to sample a generous quantity of Pure Bars.


My first experience with these bars came a few months ago when I won a giveaway from Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats.

Kristin raves about this product and since I usually trust a fellow blogger’s product opinion on new, raw, vegan or health products, I was confident that I would like them.

My expectations were definitely met when I first tried the Trail Mix Chocolate Chip. With the initial bite, I was reminded quite comparably to the taste and texture of a Larabar. The bar itself was dense, chewy and very tasty. I loved the large chunks of nuts and dried fruit pieces.


When a bar is so natural that the actual forms of the ingredients are still visible, it’s fairly safe to assume that little if any processing went into the production. This little bar was powerful! I usually don’t prefer to substitute bars as a meal replacement because I truly never feel satisfied on it alone; however, the Pure Bar kept me full for hours. I was actually surprised at how well it held me over. I was delighted to be able to try the other flavors.

This week, I’ve been making my way through the varieties and wanted to share just a few thoughts on some of the ones I’ve recently sampled.

Wild Blueberry


Nutrition: One Bar (1.7 oz)
Calories- 190
Fat Calories- 80
Total Fat- 9g
Sat Fat- 1g
Sodium- 5mg
Potassium- 160 mg
Total Carb- 25g
Fiber- 4g
Sugars (from natural fruit)- 20g
Protein- 6g

Taste: This was probably my least favorite, taste wise. I am just not a big fan of tart bars and the blueberry definitely had an apparent sour flare from the sweetness of the blueberries. If you prefer a sweet bar, then you may disagree, but personally, I enjoy a more subtle flavor in a nutrition bar and this one was just a little too bitter for my liking.
Overall: I would probably eat it again, but I would choose the other flavors over this one.


Apple Cinnamon

Nutrition: One Bar (1.7 oz)
Calories- 190
Fat Calories- 80
Total Fat- 8g
Sat Fat- 1g
Sodium- 5mg
Potassium- 250 mg
Total Carb- 26g
Sugars (from natural fruits)- 19g
Fiber- 4g
Protein- 5g

Taste: I loved this one! I’m a big fan of apple/cinnamon so this bar had me won over from the beginning. I could really experience the flavors of apples all throughout and I especially enjoyed the crunch from the walnuts. It was just the right amount of sweetness. Not overly sweet but just enough to complement the warmth of the cinnamon.

Overall: I’ll be buying and eating this one again for sure!



Cranberry Orange

Nutrition: One Bar (1.7 oz)
Calories- 200
Fat Calories- 80
Total Fat- 9g
Sat Fat- 1g
Sodium- 0mg
Potassium- 230 mg
Total Carb- 23g
Sugars (from natural fruits)- 17g
Fiber- 4g
Protein- 7g

Taste: Like Thanksgiving in a bar! Haha, anything cranberry/orange reminds me of Thanksgiving for some reason. This one was less tart than the blueberry but still slightly sour from the pungency of the cranberries. One thing I did like was the appearance of chewy cranberries all throughout the bar.

Overall: Good! Not my absolute favorite, but definitely a winner.

Thanks Veronica for allowing me to sample your wonderful products. If you haven’t tried Pure Bars yet, I highly suggest you get out there and pick one up for yourself. You will love that they are all natural, all organic, all vegan, all healthy and super delicious!

10 comments:

  1. I like Pure Bars too. I really never eat them though because they don't sell them anywhere where I live. Apple Cinnamon was definitely one of my favorites too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure bars = LOOOOVE. Apple Cinnamon is my #1 favorite; and the Blueberry (sorry you weren't a fan!!) brings back memories of the blueberry PopTart filling, haha :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt realize there were so many pure flavors! i love the apple one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried pure bars, but after reading your reviews i am definitely going to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanksgiving in a bar?! sign me up! i truly love thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad I can't eat these since I'm allergic to cashews!! My momma got mine from the swag bag :) Great review as always though. Have a great weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have really wanted to try these bars, thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! :) I'll have to see if I can find them... are any nut free by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reviews! I've only tried the chocolate one and the trail mix one so I loved hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm - love those PURE Bars! My fave used to be Cranberry Orange, but I think it's getting edged out by Cherry Cashew. Nothing can touch the Brownie one though - which I put in a category all it's own!

    ReplyDelete