Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Finally Here!

I am so thrilled that this weekend has finally arrived. The long week leading up to it was brutal, but I survived and now I am in the middle of one of the most significant weekends this year. Why you ask?


Well, this is the weekend of my ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!
Yep, a year ago I vowed to spend the rest of my life with this sexy stud....
Even though our actual anniversary isn't until tomorrow, he surprised me early with these gorgeous posies. I almost cried at how beautiful they were.


We have an amazing day planned for tomorrow, but we must get through the rest of today first.
Let's back up just a little though.
Last night, I had a hot date with the other man in my life....

My dad and I planned a father/daughter date night that included this.....
And the Julia and Julia movie. We both LOVED the movie. Kind of scary how overlapping it was to my own life. I admit, I'm definitely motivated to work on my first cookbook now.
We shall see, someday, this dream of mine may happen.
This morning, I woke up early to a beautiful Saturday. It was the perfect morning for a long run. I ran 10 miles and of course it felt amazing.
And breakfast was also amazing. I've been drooling over Andrea's peach oatmeal and knew that it had to be recreated in my own kitchen. She is right, the key is dicing the peach and cooking it with the oats. MMMM, it was like a bowl of peach cobbler!
Topped with the last of my juicy raspberries, a few almonds. And a few slices of the sweetest grapefruit. So unbelievable!
After breaks, I ran to the store so I could stock up for the week. Sunday's are my usual shopping day, but since we have big plans tomorrow, I had to re-adjust.
After coming home, unloading, prepping some things...etc. Toly started making lunch.
He grilled up a veggie burger (for me) and a sausage for him.
While we were cooking, Sammy decided to sun bath....

I ate my burger in the best possible method....

On top of a beast of a salad. (One of my most favorite lunches!)

We are getting ready to go to a wedding this evening. Our good friend from high school is getting married today, so we should see a bunch of old friends. Should be a great time!

And in the spirit of weddings, here is another memory of ours....

(Hope the cake tastes just as good a year later. We will find out tomorrow!)
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! i remember our cake tasted surprisingly good after the deep freeze...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Weekend/ Happy Anniversary tomorrow!! You two are so sweet and I hope you have tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Lovlies!! :D Have a most fabbo day!

    And I'm so glad you liked the oats, my fave oat combo for summer. mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!! You two are so adorable. Those flowers are gorgeous, too. I really need to see Julie & Julia! Glad you liked it. And Sammie is so, so cute! I love his face.

    ReplyDelete