Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nachos for Dinner?

Well we are almost there folks. One more day until weekend and let me just say, I am so ready for it. Have I mentioned that this week? :)

Despite my impatience, the week has gone by rather quickly.

Most of you are all on your way to the HLS and even though I wish I was able to join you, I have a rather considerable reasoning for skipping it this year. Toly and I are celebrating our one year anniversary on Sunday, so be prepared to be exposed with the mushy love stories and sentimental array of wedding photos. ;)

Well as for today, it really wasn’t anything too unordinary; quite typical, actually. Except, I do have some EXCITING news to share.

I believe Toly and I have decided on our big trip next year.

As many of you know, we’ve been playing with the whole Italy idea for months. We both really want to go to Europe but after checking out the prices, it just seemed a bit unreasonable for our budget. We visited some other options like Vegas, California, Mexico, a resort; however, the other day, Toly presented me with the ideal opportunity.

Here is how the conversation went….

Toly- “How would you feel about taking a European Cruise to Italy, Spain, Greece…etc.?”
Lauren- “How would I feel? There are no words that can describe my utmost excitement! Sign me up!”
Toly- “I thought I may get that reaction from you.”

Okay guys, this is perfect for us! We both enjoy cruising (with the exception of our honeymoon bust cruise) and both really want to go to Europe but at the same time, we have never been, don’t know what we are doing, and want some kind of structure or guide. Since touring in Italy is a bazillion dollars, taking a European cruise provides us with the indulgence, the structure, and a taste of so many different places we want to see. Plus, the rates at the moment are substantially reasonable!

We are going to go talk to a travel agent next week and hopefully book our trip then! Ah, I am beaming with pure exhilaration! :)

More on this exciting trip to come, but for now, here are today’s noteworthy eats….

Lunch was a salad beauty.

Romaine, cabbage, cucumber, beets, radish, yellow tomatoes, snap peas, broccoli, ½ of a veggie burger and a big glob of spicy hummus with a drizzle of balsamic. Leftover yucca fries and some loupe. So enjoyable and filling.

After work, Toly and I tackled Level 2 of the Shred. He has been working his way up for 2 weeks and tonight, he wanted to give the next level a try. I warned him it was a bit more intense…..
He totally survived, a little sweaty and exhausted, but none the less, he was a trooper! :)

And then I rewarded us with a freakishly awesome dinner.

Prepare yourself because this may just be one of the best things to ever cross your minds…

Dinner tonight was….. Buffalo Chicken Nachos!

Halleluiah these things are pretty much incredible and guess what….

Pretty darn healthy too!

Yes, it is entirely possible to create what seems like the most indulgent horrificially caloric meal into something nutritious.

I’ve actually made these before and you can find the recipe in this post.

Only thing I did different was added a little fresh mango/avocado salsa on top.
Wow, I didn’t think it was possible to make these any better, but alas, there was.
Okay, now go make these asap because they are too good not be shared.

And that’s about it for this Thursday. I’ll end with my runners world quote of the day, because I really really like this one…

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on picking a vacation!!! :) That sounds exciting!! And happy anniversary on Sunday!

    And those nachos look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmmm nachos. SO delicious. I am so excited to see all the wedding pics this weekend! A Euro cruise? That will be jammin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited about your Euro. cruise!!!! You guys are going to have such a blast, I can't wait to live vicariously through you and stalk your blog for pics from it! ;)

    Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments, thoughts, well-wishes and prayers lately! I cannot tell you how wonderful I feel every time I check my email and see a comment from you. You are so special, kind, and wonderful my sweet friend! Love you and have a fabulous Friday tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...can't WAIT for your anniv weekend recap! Bring on the mushy stories.

    And holy YEAH for a European cruise. I think that's an awesome way to see Europe! So fun dear, so fun.

    Boo Eagles. There. That's the 1st time I rolled that one out. Much as I adore Philadelphia, I gotta stay tru to my AFC teams.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a splendid recipe! All the taste but none of the guilt!
    And woo-hoo vacaaation! you're gonna have SO much fun...I hope you blog everything abt it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH!! I love cruises and Europe...that will be the time of your lives, seriously!

    You won't have to worry about foreign hotels, transportation, customs....so perfect!

    Definitely get Rick Steves' books...they are the absolute best. Very conversational tone and good important tidbits that other guidebooks definitely leave out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! Hope your meeting with the travel agent goes well - can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, a European cruise sounds like so much fun! I'm so happy for you :) Your nachos look amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahooo! That vaca sounds AMAZINGGGGGGG!!! I am excited for youuu!!

    I still need to try yuca fries!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your vacay plans sound great! i'd like to do something similar one day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting!! I've never been on a cruise, but Jason wants us to go on an Alaskan cruise sometime in the near future :) Oh and Happy one year anniversary! Can't wait to see the wedding pics and hear the mushy stories, I love other peoples happy beginnings :) Have a lovely weekend girlie

    ReplyDelete