Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today......

I married my true love.....

My soul mate.....
My best friend....I can not believe how fast the year as gone. I have enjoyed every moment of being married and can't fully express how fulfilling and enriched my life has been being a wife.

I honestly feel so blessed to be sharing my life with my best friend. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. He is the one person in this world who knows the most inner depths of my soul and still loves me more than anyone.

Happy Anniversary to my beloved husband. You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I cherish our life together. Every day is a new adventure and I can't imagine going through one moment of this life without you.

To the first year...


And endless years to come...


Okay, sorry to get so mushy, but it is only once a year that you get to justify being so lovey dovey.


Tomorrow, we'll go back to being the old married ball and chain, but today, we celebrate!


And celebrate we did!


It started with a breakfast made with love....

Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes (A favorite of course)


After a romantic breaks, we changed to geared up a little mini vacay day at the Hotel Hershey.

Holy unbelieveable, this place is magical!
We checked in at the spa, and went straight to the pool....

Of course we had to toast with some tropical drinks...
After a few hours in the sun, swimming, and hot tubing, we got ready for our 50 min couples message.

It was HEAVEN! Truly guys, we both were drunk from relaxation.

What a perfect way to spend the day. It really felt like we were on an indulgent vacation in a mini paradise.

I think this needs to be a tradition.

We ended our evening with some romance in the kitchen....

(No, not what your thinking. Get your minds out of the gutter people!)

We cooked dinner together.


Cooking together can be so passionate and fun.


I thought the best thing to make together would be pizza.
His side- Crab, Alfredo, Tomato and Mozzarella
Her side- Spinach, Mushroom, Pesto Shrimp, Sun dried Tomatoes and Feta
Enjoyed a la sofa style with a movie....


Perfect way to end a perfect day!
Okay, off to wrap up this splendid day with my spouse.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Happy happy anniversary Lauren! Many many many more to come.

    Hotel Hershey looks very posh and yay for sunshine + cocktails + pool time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Congratulations on your 1 year Lauren! And thank you so much for sharing your love and happiness with all of us. :) It brought such a big smile to my face to see how happy you guys are! The luxury hotel experience definitely looks fantastic, but so do your meals!! Home cooked is ALWAYS best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! happy anniversary! isn't married life grand?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how sweet! : )

    I think you can be that lovey dovey every year, not just the first ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I absolutely adore the Mr. and Mrs. mugs. What beautiful weddings photos you have. Congrats on one year. So glad you enjoyed the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so glad you two enjoyed your anniversary! I have heard incredible things about Hotel Hershey! Dinners looks so yummy (both sides!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww :) Don't you just love, love?? Happy year anniversary! Those MR. And Mrs. cups are too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete