Monday, July 20, 2009

A Rousing Case of the Mondays

Today has been one of those conventional dreaded Mondays. Without boring you with the gloomy details, let’s just say it has to do with more mouth trouble, if you can even believe that.

Fortunately, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about, but I have literally reached my end point with the pain and trouble. The worst part of this all has been how I’ve been treated by the doctor, which I think is what is really upsetting me.

Okay enough of that, I’ve already vented and I don’t want to waste a moment of your previous time with my troubles.

First things first, as promised, I have my first product review of the Amazing Grass samples that were sent to me this weekend.

Yesterday, I tried the Amazing Wheat grass Original.

Benefits of Product: (Taken from Amazing Grass Website)

  • Increases and sustains energy naturally
  • Detoxifies and cleanses your body
  • High alkalinity helps balance your body’s pH level
  • Strengthens your immune system
  • Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity
  • Complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids
  • Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells
  • Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C
  • Whole leaf powder- not from juice!
  • Dehydrated below 107 and nitrogen packed to preserve the raw food properties
  • 10x the chlorophyll of tray grown wheatgrass juice
  • Field grown outdoors through a cold winter
  • Tested free of mold
  • Gluten free and Vegan
  • Certified Organic

I mixed the single serving packet ( 8 grams) with 6oz of ice water in my handy shaker cup. Definitely not the most attractive looking beverage, but I’m sure I’ve had worse.

So, my thoughts……

It wasn’t bad. Okay, it wasn’t the best thing I have ever tasted (come on people it is grass) but I really didn’t mind drinking it. I wanted my first try to be straight up, which is why I mixed it with only water, but you can also use milk, juice or add it to smoothies. It would definitely be so much better these ways (especially in a Green Monster) but I could get use to drinking it plain. It’s funny how many people will drink just about anything so long as the end result will ensure a hefty buzz or total intoxication; however, I guarantee if I asked a handful of people to take a shot of my wheat grass water, they would immediately detest. Funny because the end result of my drink is just slightly more appropriate, wouldn’t you say?


Aside from the taste, I really do believe in the benefits of this product. I drank my grass mid morning, knowing that we would be out running around for most of the afternoon. After a full day of cleaning, picnicking, and running around, my energy level did not drop one bit. My husband, on the other hand, had a harder time keeping himself awake and ended up crashing on the couch for a few hours in the late afternoon. I think beer may have a slightly different effect than green water. :)

I will be sampling more throughout the week, so stay tuned for more to come on these products.

After my long day, I felt extremely tense and worked up. Jillian is my savor on these days. I felt some much needed shredding was in order to release some of my stress. I love when she says “I want you to feel like you are going to die!” Haha, she is one tough cookie, but sometimes, that is exactly what you need to hear.

After I worked out some of my aggression, I reverted to my other form of comfort….food!

I came across a recipe in an old Cooking Light a few weeks ago and thought it sounded superb.

The recipe was for Corn and Crab Salad in a Lemon Basil Dressing.

I just crave fresh salads in the summer, and this one looked so refreshing and called for many ingredients that I could take right from the garden.

The salad was a mixture of lump crab meat, fresh corn, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and feta in a light lemon basil dressing.

We piled this assortment on top of juicy red tomato slices that came straight from the backyard.
I also enjoyed a fresh mango, black bean and avocado salsa that I made for yesterday’s picnic with some Sweet Potato Tortilla chips. (Toly had a Baked Potato naturally)


This meal was so refreshing.

Well, I have to say, I am glad today is over. I know tomorrow will be better and I’m not going to waste a second dwelling on a crappy day.

I truly hope you all had a wonderful Monday!

PS- Don't Forget About My GIVEAWAY! Only a few more days to enter.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You're brave for just mixing that with water!! I think it requires some form of milk (or milk sub) and fruit! I promise- much more tasty!!! The Corn and Crab Salad sounds awesome- such a great combo for summer! Keep your head up- sorry you had a rough day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is a new (and better) day. Mondays can be awful sometimes and I cannot believe you might still be having mouth pain. You poor lass!

    C'mon Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drank the berry amazing grass superfood with just water and I couldn't finish it. I was gagging. I'm glad the wheat grass was better than that!

    Your dinner looks great. Sorry about your rough day--I hope tomorrow goes better, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just another manic monday, eh? hope you feel better tomorrow, lauren...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the pain! I have really been through hell myself and I completely understand.It completely shocks me how the doctors treat your pain!!

    I am really sorry for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( I'm sorry your having troubles with your mouth again! Doctors can be the worst sometimes! My doctor treats me like crap just because I don't have insurance...I hope things were better today (tues)! At least you had a yummy dinner and sweat some of that negative energy out with Jillian :)

    ReplyDelete