Monday, June 22, 2009

Today Is New Day

Yes, that's my attitude today. It's a new day, a new week, and hopefully a new me! I am so ready to kick this whole thing and be COMPLETELY pain and swollen free.

It is getting much better, but pretty puffy....
(Please excuse the messy just got out of bed look)


This morning, I was so determined to start running again. After taking off for 4 days, I have been itching to get back into my normal routine.

I decided it was probably easier on my mouth to take it to the treadmill. A lot smoother ground than bouncing around on the uneven pavements.

I reminded myself to take it slow, so I warmed up with 1 mile of speed/hill walking at 8.0 incline, ran 3 miles at 7.0mph, and cooled down with another 1 mile of speed/hill walking at 8.0 incline. Wow, it felt AMAZING. No pain! Actually, it took my mind off of the soreness from my gums.

As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to take one more day off work just to give myself another full day of recovery without any meds.

I've also slowly been noticing my appetite coming back. It's funny how much your love for food diminishes when you truly can't enjoying eating. Oats were calling to me one more day (I think I can start to incorporate the cereal again tomorrow).

I whipped up some Pumpkin Oats.
1/3 C Oats
1/4 C Almond Milk
1/2 C water
Cinnamon, Organic Brown Sugar
1 dried fig

Toppings: Blueberries, Blackberries, Spoon of Pumpkin Butter and a teaspoon of Mighty Maple.

To round it out, I had 1/2 of a grapefruit that needed to be eaten. I was finally able to get this fruit down. Oh, how I've missed being able to eat fruit. And COFFEE!!!! I haven't had coffee in days (avoiding the hot liquids) and it tasted glorious.

My dad is coming over for lunch and then we are going to run to my sister's house to pick up my bike. Yep, that's right, I am finally getting the old thing. It hasn't been used in years, so I'm sure it's going to need some TLC.

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you're getting back to normal! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're getting better! You always look so cute and nice! Even with puffy cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete