Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Saying Goodbye To The Beach

I hate to do it, but we all must come to that point in our vacation, when we take one last look at the incredible sights of the sea and say "adios!"

Toly and I woke up around 6am this morning, said our goodbyes to Lena and Steve, and hit to road. We anticipated the same travel experience as we had coming down and hoped that we had left in a good time that would avoid the DC traffic; however, our intended 7 hour trip turned into a crappy 9 hour drag! We not only were stuck in the grueling DC traffic, we were also stuck in 8 mile back-ups of dead stopped traffic due to a number of accidents. Not fun!

Oh well, we made it home safe and sound which is what really matters.

Last night, the four of us decided to go out and enjoy the final evening together. We drove up to Nagg's Head for a lovely dinner.

But before we got there, Toly and I spotted this!!!!

How crazy is that? August 16th is our wedding anniversary! We had to stop like cheesy tourists and get a picture.

We ended up finding a restaurant along the strip called Kelly's. It looked very nice from the outside and when the sign says "Try our Award Winning Sweet Potato Biscuits" I knew this place would not disappoint me.


I was having such a hard time deciding what to order. I knew that it had to be seafood (duh!) but I was so indecisive among the scallops, crab cakes, flounder, shrimp...etc. So I settled for a lovely combination of everything! I ordered the NC Broiled Seafood platter, which contained everything I wanted.


There is nothing like fresh seafood at the beach. I can never get over how much better it tastes straight from the ocean!



We had such a great couple of days in The Outer Banks. It was just what the two of us needed- lots of sun, sand and relaxation.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely, it does taste so much better when you are near the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a great time! That's really cool about the street sign! :)

    ReplyDelete