Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cravings Cravings

Wow, I am completely backwards on what day of the week it is. It felt like a Monday, but I'm not really sure why.

I called off work for the rest of the week which is just splendid because I have a big task list to nail down.

I started my day off with the normal routine; 6 mile run first thing, came home did a quickie strength workout (50 push ups), stretched and foam rolled, showered, breakfast while checking emails and such.

Breakfast was yummy of course. It featured oats, but I added a 2 diced apricots and 1 diced date in the mix. These 3 little dried fruits added so much to this bowl.


Afterwards, I finished unpacking, did a few loads of laundry and some other random things around the house. Then, I went over to pay my bf Jen a visit and drop off the "thank you" wine I got for her in NC for getting our mail and watering my garden.

Speaking of my garden, I was BLOWN AWAY when I got home yesterday to see how much everything grew last week. Not only do I have more tomatoes then when I left, I now can see the buds of little baby cucumber, peppers, and eggplants.....ah! I screamed I was so excited. Dad, you will be so proud!!!

After my short but sweet visit with Jen, I hit up the store for some much needed items. I really hate doing a shopping trip on a Thursday because I feel a little out of sorts not shopping for the entire week, but we definitely needed it.

I came home, put everything away, and then was very ready for lunch. I realized I was craving many things that I haven't had all week, like salads, green monsters, and tons of veggies....so I made a little of it all.

This salad was fab!

The mix....
  • Romaine and purple cabbage
  • Radish
  • Blueberries and Strawberries
  • Avocado
  • Almonds
  • Sprouts
  • the last of my TJ white bean hummus (so sad! :(
  • A little goat cheese
  • And a drizzle of Strawberry Balsamic

Served with a TJ flax seed cracker thin for end scoopage.

I was also craving a green monster so I made a small one to satisfy my hankering. This one had the usual, Spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, frozen cherries and blueberries. Heaven in the glass!

Along with some baby carrots and a little AB made a perfect balanced lunch of everything I wanted.


After lunch, I moved on to my next big task. Cleaning out the bedroom. Tomorrow morning, our new bedroom furniture is arriving, so I needed to clean out the old dresser and do some serious re-organizing and disposing of old clothes. Ugh, this took hours and was such a drag. Toly got home from work and helped me clean. We went crazy, cleaning every corner and nook in the room and eventually got everything cleaned up and cleared out.

Moving on to dinner, I kept with the theme of making what I craved, and tofu was more than on my mind.

I tried a new variation tonight-

Soy-Glazed Coconut Tofu

I marinated the tofu in a sauce of soy sauce, honey, garlic for a few hours. Right before it went in the oven, I dredged the tofu in unsweetened coconut and then drizzled a bit of syrup on top. It baked for about 30 min and came out PERFECT! Sweet, a little savory, and a bit of a crunch from the coconutty crust. I quickly assembled a dip for this creation which came to me while standing in front of my fridge, looking at my array of random condiments. (I am a condiment girl for sure!) The dip was dijon, pumpkin butter, and a little greek yogurt. Sooooo goooood!

I also roasted carrots and sweet potato slices, topped them with a little syrup and coconut and baked with the tofu.

And simple roasted asparagus.


Toly had a similar meal but with chicken, a baked potato, and corn/pea combo.

We both loved this meal!

Tomorrow is another full day. I will be cleaning like a mad woman and then we are having friends over for BYOP night (build your own pizza).

Have a great night my dear blogger friends!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you took the rest of the week off- its so hard to come back after a trip! Sounds like you had a wonderful day- great job the run and yummy looking bfast! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete