Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Sister!

Last night, we had a wonderful dinner to celebrate my sister Brooke's 26th birthday. Me, Toly, my parents, Brooke, her husband Jason, and my nanny and pappy all met at Romano's Macaroni Grill- one of Brooke's favorite restaurants.

My sister is such a fantastic person. Her and I have shared countless childhood memories and our friendship continues to grow and strengthen as we become older and into our womanhood. Brooke is one of the kindest gentle-hearted person I know. Her compassion for people is overwhelming, as she showers others with unconditional and genuine love. She is also such a blast to be around. Spend just 5 minutes with this girl and she will have you laughing like crazy. For example, last night, Brooke got up to go the bathroom. When she came back to the table she was laughing so hard she was almost in tears. We all asked what happened and she proceeded to tell us that she had accidentally went into the "Mens" room because the doors were labeled in Italian. She didn't even realize it until mid pee when she heard a few men enter.

Oh, just one of the many little "Brooke" moments, as we call them, that she delights us with constantly.

In all of her sweet innocence, she is truly amazing and I love her dearly.

Happy Birthday to the very best sister I could ever ask for!


Dinner was quite pleasing as well. I started with the Tomato Basil soup. This was an excellent choice! The soup was delicious- hearty chunks of tomato, creamy consistency, and the touch of sweet basil made this a winner. (Oh, and it was so easy to eat!!!)

For my entree, I chose the Spinach Salad with Seared Scallops. I know this would be twice in a row that I ordered scallops, but after the waitress told me that my first pick (the shrimp skewers with roasted veggies) was not very good and I should probably not order it, I thanked her for her honesty and decided on my 2nd choice.
This was also a very wonderful choice. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the spinach was light and crisp, dressed in lemon juice and evoo with some Parmesan.


The whole meal was excellent and we had a wonderful time with my family. After dinner, Toly and I went to see The Hangover. Funny stuff people! Toly and I were laughing throughout the entire thing.

It was a great but busy day.

Hope your Saturday was just as wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. Your sister sounds fantastic! I love my brother and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but I've always wanted a sister as well.

    I've started to ask waiters' & waitresses' opinions on dishes before ordering them - it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday to your sis!!! she looks beautiful (you too). that was definitely honest of the waitress - i love when they do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous relationship with your sister! Happy bday to her!

    ReplyDelete