Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Night Date

Hi guys! Are you getting sick of looking at my face by now? Looking better each day and definitely feeling better. I had to go back to the doctors yesterday to get my "dressings" changed and more cleaning of the wounds. They said, I need to come back on Monday and hopefully by then, it should be cleared up. Thank goodness!

I can't tell you how much better the pain has gotten. Wow, when they say dry sockets are agonizing, they are NOT lying!!!! I think the worst part is still my inability to eat normally. Ugh, I manage but it's still difficult and not the most pleasant experience. Which totally blows for me, because you all know how much I love good food and I love to eat it and when your distracted from the taste and flavor by discomfort from chewing, it makes eating not so fun. Oh and also, the fact that I can't open my mouth enough to take normal bites doesn't help. I'm more concerned about cutting my food into tiny bites so that it actually manages to make it into my mouth and I usually end up just getting frustrated and give up.

Errr, this stinks! Okay, now that I've ranted a bit, I'll digress....

Last night was such a blast!

I took my bf Jen out for her birthday, which was actually last week, but considering I was held up, we planned for a bleated celebration.

We went to Jen's favorite restaurant (and definitely one of mine), Cafe Magnolia. This place is great! Small, quaint, amazing food, and quite elegant.

We brought a bottle of white zin and sat on the deck chatting over drinks. Well, unfortunately, a sudden storm began to brew and we had to run inside to avoid the downpour.

We managed to get a table and began to decided on what to get for dinner. I love going out with Jen because we are both so much alike in our food likings. We NEVER can decide and want to try everything, so we both pick something and end up sharing. Works perfect! We both agree that we could never do this with our husbands because oh how completely different our tastes are from them.

We started, each with the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad....


I ordered the scallops. I adore scallops but I usually don't make them at home because they are one of the few seafoods that Toly dislikes. I love ordering them out at a nice restaurant because they hardly disappoint.

These were pan seared in a lemon garlic reduction. Served with a Pineapple, almond risotto and grilled asparagus.

Delicious! The scallops were perfect and the risotto was delightful. I'm usually not a fan of rice or really starchy things, but I was so pleased with this. And best part, everything was soft and easy to chew.

Jen ordered the salmon which was also very tasty.

Cafe Magnolia has yet to fail in delivering an outstanding meal! We both loved our meals, but agreed that we were fully contenet but still had room for some much needed ice cream.

Of course, there was a trip to Brusters in our future. BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD! And it was our lucky night because they had White Choc. Rasp. Truffle on the menu (I didn't have to beg).


I tried to test the theory of "cone" eating, but realized that it was too messy to complicated, so I got a dish and pitched the cone. I really don't even like cones, I just like the idea of them.

Oh well, even eaten with a spoon, it was FANTASTIC!

This morning, I woke up early and did my long run. It was perfect outside and it felt good to get in a good 10 miles before 7:30am.

I came home very, very hungry. After a quick shower, I didn't waste a moment to throw together a fast and refreshing breakie.

A big ol' bowl of fruit (Mango, Kiwi, Strawberry, Berries) with a some Zoe's granola, greek yogurt, wheat germ, and a splash of almond milk.
I also enjoyed a piece of toast with naturally more and a smashed nanner. Con, cafe!
We had an early wedding to attend this morning. 10:30am! A good childhood friend of mine had a lovely morning wedding with an afternoon reception. It was very beautiful and such a great day to get married.


Tonight, we are celebrating my sister's b-day with my family at The Macaroni Grill for dinner and then Toly and I are going to see The Hangover. I can't wait! After all of the amazing reviews I've heard about this movie, I am dying to see it!
Hope you are all having a great weekend so far.

3 comments:

  1. The Hangover is really funny! You will definitely be laughing. I hope you enjoy it.

    You are looking beautiful, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE BREAD AT MACARONI GRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steal me some haha :D

    I'm so glad you're starting to feel a lot better. It sounds like your evening was a lot of fun. I love going out with my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better and better each day! (Ha, sorry I told you getting your wisdom teeth out was no big deal :s!) It sounds like it has been a much bigger deal for you than it was for me. I heard that it gotten more complicated the older you get and it sounds like you've proved that to be true.

    Have a great rest of the weekend, girlie! : )

    ReplyDelete