Saturday, June 13, 2009

Friday Night BYOP (Build Your Own Pizza)

Friday night theme dinners are becoming a tradition for us and now we've discovered yet another way to enhance the event- invite friends over to share in the fun!

Last night, we had our friend's Brian and Sarah over for BYOP (build your own pizza). I was able to prep everything beforehand and had the assembly line ready to go upon their arrival.


The toppings were an array of things- lots of veggies and of course bacon and pepperoni for the boys!


After we assembled our individual pies, we popped them in the oven while we moved on to appetizers and cocktails while they cooked.


I set out a tray of pita, veggies, and hummus with a chilled bottle of Vuvrey (my absolute favorite white wine!) and the other beverage elements for mixed drinks.


I also made a wonderful caprese salad with fresh basil from my garden.

After about 20 minutes, our pizzas were done and we took them out of the oven to cool.

They turned out wonderful!



And dessert was another highlight. Angel Food cake with frozen berries (thawed) and whipped cream.
Delightful, summery, and deeelicious!


BYOP was so much fun, and Brian and Sarah seemed to really enjoy this interactive dinner. It was a wonderful evening of good food, good drink, and good company.
I want to leave you with some amazing photos of my latest pride and joy; my garden. Remember when I told you that it was growing beautifully? Well look, now you can see for yourself!



Awww, how exciting! I love watching my garden grow!
Hope you are have a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! I love garden pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden does look great! Girl, you've got a green thumb :)

    BYOP sounds like such an awesome idea. Fresh basil is the ultimate ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a fun and tasty evening! Thanks again for inviting us over!

    ReplyDelete