Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer's Best Burger: Apricot Turkey Burgers

I love to make burgers in the summer. Kind of ironic, because I rarely eat meat; however, there are few occasions on a warm summer night, where a burger on the grill is undoubtedly spectacular.

I love to make turkey burgers because the possibilities are endless. Some of my favorites include, Apple Maple, Spinach and Red Pepper with feta and BBQ Blue Cheese.

But last night, I tried a new one. Apricot Turkey Burgers and they were fabulous!

Here is my recipe..

Apricot Turkey Burgers

For 2-
1/4 lb. of ground turkey breast
1 TBL Dijon
2 TBL Peach Salsa (The secret ingredient)
Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
2 TBL fresh parsley
2 TBL chopped dried apricots

Mix all of these together and form into 2 patties. Then throw on the grill for about 5 min on each side. So delicious! The salsa made them so moist and sweet and the apricots gave them such a nice chewy texture.

The Newmans Own Peach Salsa is awesome! (Almost as good as Trader Joes!)

I love to serve burgers on english muffins. My toppings included grilled peaches and red onions marinated in a little balsamic and brown sugar, goat cheese, avocado, and arugula. We also had grilled corn on the cob and juicy sweet watermelon.



Close up! This was a perfect summer meal, enjoyed out on our deck.



Today, I have BIG plans! I am surprising my dad with his father's day present which is one of the best ideas I have ever had. That's all I can reveal for now, because my dad reads my blog daily. Hi Dad!
I will be back later to tell you all about it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment