Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pedies for Preggers and a Girly Gormuet Lunch

Saturdays are grand! I was up bright and early (mostly because of a restless little puppy that couldn't keep still) and did a relaxing Pilate's session as the sun came out.
My day ahead included many exciting things so I knew I needed an early start.

The schedule included...
  • Oats for breakfast
  • Long Run
  • Pick up my BF for a surprise girly day
  • Pedicures at 11:30
  • Lunch reservations at 12:30
  • Errands with Toly
  • Dinner and Relaxing at home for the rest of the night

The oatmeal mix was yet again a big hit. I really look forward to my weekend oats and find it's perfect to keep me fully fueled for a 7 mile run.

Today was Pumpkin Cherry Oats

  • 1/2 Cup Oats
  • Cinnamon, almond extract
  • 2 big scoops of pumpkin puree
  • A couple dried cherries
  • Frozen cherries

Toppings- Pumpkin butter, cherry jam, blueberries, small crumbled piece of pumpkin bread and a splash of vanilla soy.

MMMM...I loved the frozen cherries. I put them into the oats during the last few minutes of cooking so they thawed and created a sweet and juicy cherry swirl in my bowl.

After breakfast and my run, I quickly got ready to pick up my friend Jen for her surprise day. Jen is 37 weeks pregnant with her second baby and I wanted to do something special just for her before she has baby #2. Since you normally don't get nearly the same amount of hype as the first (no baby shower or the same level of excitement) I thought I would give her a special day of pampering because she deserved it more than anyone. (I mean the girl is 37 weeks pregnant, taking care of a 2 year old and basically being Super Mom as I refer to her)

First, I booked us spa pedicures. Everyone knows that one must have properly polished toes while giving birth right? I haven't had a pedicure since my wedding and almost forgot how nice it feels to have someone else deal with your feet.

(Perfectly Polished Toes)

After our peddies, we were more than ready to indulge in a gourmet lunch! We went to a restaurant called 2201 in the Borough. It was an upscale, little bisto type place that I have been so anxious to try.

We both ordered the same thing (so like us!). Grilled Salmon on Focaccia with goat cheese and a red onion jam. Holy goodness! Not only was it beautiful, it tasted fabulous!



We both realized how hungry we were (she is of course eating for two and I realized I didn't really have a chance to refuel after running 7 miles a few hours beforehand) so needless to say, we enjoyed every last bite!


It was such a lovely girly day and I was so happy to be able to spend some time celebrating Jen and soon to come baby Emily.

Now that my to-do list has been accomplished, I can look forward to a nice relaxing evening in. Toly actually just installed our new flat screen on our bedroom wall, so I am thinking a movie in bed and maybe even a glass of wine is in order.

Sounds perfect! Hope you had a wonderful day!










0 comments:

Post a Comment