Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Turn For The Worse

Today started off pretty normal and then took a tragic turn into mayhem late afternoon. (Keep reading..)

I woke up to my usual morning workout but wasn't feeling as upbeat and into it as I normally am. I think that should have been the first clue that this day was going to be one of "those" days. Truthfully, I've been feeling a little uncoordinated and not all together since I woke up but I blamed it on my lack of sleep. You see I stayed up well past my bedtime last night to watch the Bachelor. (It was on an hour later because of the Pres. Speech)

So breakfast was the usual bowl of cereal, toast with a lil cottage cheese, and much needed coffee. That got me going a bit more but I was running a tad late so I had to eat it rather quickly (which I HATE doing!).

Well, I got to work and had a pretty lengthy to-do list so I didn't waste anytime on tackling that. I worked all the way up until lunch and realized how much I needed a break from the computer by 12:30pm. I headed down to the lunch room and fully enjoyed my salad today. I took some extra time to compose this one last night because I have been craving a really good salad for awhile now. It consisted of spinach and romaine, radish, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, beets, roasted asparagus, blackberries and a tad of smoked turkey. I also added a smidgen of strawberry balsamic....wow, did it hit the spot!

After lunch, I headed back to my desk and tried to get a few more things done before my 3pm meeting. Well, here is where the turn comes in. Around 2pm, I started getting really weird emails and phone calls from other associates who were noticing strange things going on with their accounts in our LMS. (This is the Learning Management System that I have been assigned to build, customize, train, and implement for our entire company). To make a long story short, the calls continued and before I knew it, my phone would not stop ringing. There had been a MAJOR issue with the system that caused a huge disorder in people's accounts, so basically, now I will be spending the rest of my week cleaning up this huge mess that was endured. Ughhh, this 3 day weekend can NOT come soon enough!!!

I was pretty fired up when I got home and felt the need to run it off. My nerves were high so I knew a good run would calm me down and it did. I did an easy 3.5 miles tonight at a steady pace. My calves have been hurting so I didn't want to push it. Toly came with me tonight to the gym to lift, so it was nice to have the added company.

When we got home, I started on dinner. I made a slightly new recipe tonight, Apple, Bacon, Cheddar Fritata. Toly LOVES when I make fritata but I have never tried this version before. Pretty easy and definitely tasty. Here is how I made them....
  • 1 cup Egg beaters
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 apple chopped
  • 2 slices of center cut bacon (chopped)
  • mushrooms
  • 2 Tbl. milk
  • 1/2 C shredded cheddar
  • Sprinkle of parm
Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Mix in the cheese. Saute the bacon and shrooms in a large skillet until they soften and bacon begins to crisp. (About 3-5min) Add the apple and cook until slightly soft (Another 3-5min) Pour egg mixture over this and allow it to set. (About 2 min) Then sprinkle with parm and place under broiler for another 3-5min until puffy and completely set.

Makes 4 servings

We ate this with whole wheat English muffins and some fruit. Very satisfying meal and a nice end to a hectic day.

Tonight, the couch is definitely calling and an early bedtime will be my remedy to end this crazy day!
Good night all. :)


Post a Comment