Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another One Of Those Days???

Hi all!
Today is assumingly less disordered than yesterday; however, it didn’t seem as though it would be initially. I did manage to make it to bed at a reasonable time last night and finally got a good solid night sleep. (The past few nights I have had an awful time falling asleep due to a noisy, congested husband who tends to snore quite heavily when he’s stuffed up)

I hopped out of bed and hit the elliptical first thing. As always, I reached for the remote to turn on the TV. (I don’t normally watch TV, only really when I am working out, so the two go hand-in-hand for me) After a few seconds into my workout, the TV unexpectedly shut off. I tried to turn it back on but had no picture, just sound. I pretty much came to terms with the fact that our old TV had finally bit the dust. Thankfully, it’s an old TV that I only ever use to work out with and I live with a man who owns many TV’s (I think we have a TV in every room) so it can be replaced.

I decided that I wasn’t going to let this be the start of another bad day, so I shrugged it off and continued on with my morning. Breakfast always makes me feel better. Today my bowl consisted of ½ c bran flakes, ¼ c fiber one, ¼ c multi-grain cheerios with some blueberries/strawberries/blackberries and ½ c lite vanilla soymilk.

I have to confess, my breakfast-making practice is probably one of the most unusual methods. You see, it takes me about 20-30 min to compile a simple bowl of cereal because there is a complex process involved. First, I fill a glass with half crushed/half cubed ice and then pour the milk over the ice and place it in the freezer. I then measure out my cereal (always 2-3 different kinds) and pick out my berry toppings. But I simply can’t just throw on the berries-I have to cut them into small pieces (yes I even cut my each blueberry in half because I don’t like them when they are too big). Okay after I do this, I make my coffee and once that it done, the milk is ready to come out of the freezer. The milk has to have the perfect ice-cold temperature without being frozen but with the ideal consistency of ever-so slightly slushy. As you can see from the picture, this bowl turned out just the way I like it!

Work went by much better today and the fact that is record breaking temps outside makes my mood 100% more optimistic. For lunch I made ½ of a Lean Cuisine Panini (Spinach/Mushroom/Chicken) and a cup of Amiee’s Black Bean soup. I did add extra spinach and melted that on top. It was pretty good considering I don’t usually eat frozen meals. I try to avoid them on a regular basis because of all the added preservatives and extra sodium, but every now and then they come in handy.
Since today was unseasonable warm and we hit recording breaking temperatures of 63*, I decided to forgo a run on the treadmill and join my best buddy Jen for a nice walk after work. It was a nice break and my body definitely thanked me for a rest. My calves have been hurting quite a bit so I knew today was a good day to recover my muscles.
Dinner was easy and delicious. I made crab cakes and piled them on top of a gorgeous salad that consisted of roasted asparagus, beets, pears, avocado, radish, cucumber, and dried cherries. I topped this with a simple vinaigrette of dijon and rasp. balsamic vinegar that I threw together in seconds. Perfect combo!
I think I will try to make it another early night. It feels good to catch up on some solid sleep! Until tomorrow...


Post a Comment