Friday, February 6, 2009

A New Look

No you aren't crazy, my blog appearance did change a bit. I am in the process of re-vamping my page and you will probably notice more enhancements and a whole new approach in the next few weeks. You see, as I have become more involved with the blog and the whole blogging world, I have found how extreme this little past-time has become in the world wide web. It all started as an Innocent little way to update my friends and family on exciting events in my life (mainly with the wedding) and as I got more into it, so has my enthusiasm. I have always had a great passion for writing and the blog is a great outlet for my creative scribe.
Well anyways, I have stumbled onto a few pro-bloggers out there and have sought out their advice and insight. On doing this, I also discovered one cool feature to more structured blogging....you can actually get paid! There are credible websites out there like http://www.foodbuzz.com/ that will compensate you to sponsor their site on your page. You can also write food reviews for new products and restaurant reviews to places in your area. Okay how incredible is that....being a food critic (one of my dream jobs!)
Well, I have decided to become a little more serious. Instead of just posting on random events or things that we do, I am going to try and post more on my everyday life. My blog will focus on the theme of wellness and how I try to incorporate health, nutrition, exercise and happiness into my everyday life. I will include more posts of recipes, reviews, fitness tips, and inspirational thoughts and ideas that I feel worthy of sharing.
So please keep on reading and support this new hobby of mine! I love sharing my thoughts with the world and truly hope that I can offer a little inspiration into your day. :)


Okay now onto my post for the day....

Today was Friday and TGIF! It was another long week at work (5 days are killer, I can't wait for another 3 day weekend) and I was very excited to start my weekend when 4:30pm hit. After work, I went to the gym (we have a gym in our development) and did my daily run. For some reason I was feeling pumped up and managed to run 5 miles in 45 min! Wow, I never thought I would ever say that I could run 5 miles, but running has become such an enjoyment that I actually look forward to it. Weird, I use to DREAD running the mile in gym class and now I am looking to marathons.
The hubby was going out tonight so that meant I had a night alone with the other love in my life...Sammy! I was pretty hungry after my big run and since I was only cooking for one, I decided to take advantage and make something that I love that Toly would never eat....baked oatmeal. I have to confess, oatmeal is probably one of my favorite foods. I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but when I really want to indulge, I make baked oatmeal. OH MY this is good stuff and if you've never had it, please give it a try. I found this recipe on another blog and thought it was one of the healthiest versions I had seen, but yet definitely did not lack any savory flavor. I of course, am not able to follow a recipe to its exact, so I added/altered a few things and it came out wonderful.
Here is how I made it...

Banana-Pumpkin Pecan Baked Oatmeal

1/2 C. Oats
1/2 Tsp. BP
Pinch of salt
1/2 C soy milk
1 egg
2 Tbl canned pumpkin
1 banana (1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced)
Cin. and chopped pecans
Mix all dry ingredients, mix all wet. Combine the wet into the dry and pour into pan. Place slices of banana on top and bake for 20 min at 375*. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and broil for 3 min.
YUM! I also added a handful of blueberries.


Sammy was close by my side, waiting for a taste. He LOVES oatmeal too! He's dreaming about licking the bowl right now.


It's almost time for Friday Night Lights, our usual Friday evening routine, altogether looks like I will be watching solo tonight.
Tomorrow is ZUMBA and a few other exciting plans that I will update you on later.
Have a good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment