Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It is so hard to believe that 2008 is behind us and another year has begun! As I look back over the past year, it is easy to confess that 2008 was probably one of the best so far in my life. It was a year full of change, adventure, and life-altering events that I could never forget. In the past year, I have graduated college, bought a house, started a career, planned a wedding, got married, went on a honeymoon and of course made so many incredible memories with family and friends. I am overwhelmed by the things I have been given and the blessings that have been granted and I only hope that 2009 will bring even more unexpected adventure and joy!
Toly and I decided to throw a little New Years Eve party with a few of our friends. We played RockBand, games, enjoyed good food and great laughs. Our friends are great and we are so happy to have rung in the new year with them.
Here are a few pics from last night....


Wendy with her new best buddy!

Jill and I waiting for the ball to drop.

Just like an AC-DC concert, only much much better!

I know what you are thinking and the answer is yes....Toly and Brian will be auditioning for the next American Idol.


Jello Shots!

And more jello...

The first picture together in 2009
We spent New Years Day at my parents for our traditional dinner. I know most people enjoy pork and sauerkraut; however, we have a slightly different tradition in our family. We choose to celebrate with Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding which has been passed down from my grandma. It's a traditional English dish and if you've never tired it, you don't know what you are missing! (It's not actually pudding in the way you may think...it's more of a flaky biscuit that is sweet but savory, drenched in gravy....yum!!)
After dinner, Toly and Sammy settled in for the PSU Rose Bowl in their new jerseys. Unfortunately, I wish I could say they were smiling like that after the game. Oh well Lions, maybe next year!
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and I wish you all the best for an unforgettable 2009!

0 comments:

Post a Comment