Thursday, December 25, 2008

An Extraordinary Christmas



Another year, another outstanding Christmas! Wow, what a magnificent day we had overflowing with presents, food, family and love.
Toly and I started the celebration with our annual Christmas eve traditions. For the past few years, we have made it a recurrence to attend our candlelight Christmas eve service, make a fabulous dinner together and cuddle up on the couch with our hot coco and watch "It's a Wonderful Life." This year was a little extra special; however, as we enjoyed our first Holiday being married and in our own home. We opened our gifts to each other last night and took some peaceful time with each other to really engage in what Christmas is truly all about.
Christmas morning has always been (for as long as I can remember) a HUGE DEAL for my family. We all gather round the overfilled tree and each have our designated spot to rummage through all of the presents. It's a bit overwhelming, but sooooo much fun!
After the presents have all been opened, my dad prepares the most wonderful Christmas Breakfast Buffet that you could ever imagine. It has been our family tradition for years and I could not picture Christmas any other way.
This year, Toly's parents were able to join the festivities and get a taste of the true O'Neil Christmas. It was such a blessing to be able to spend the day with our families and felt so lucky to be surrounded with so much love and laughter.
As the Holiday Season has come and gone, it dawned on me how grateful I am for everything I have been granted in my life this past year. My husband, my family, my home, my friends, my job.....there really isn't anything more that I could ask for. Christmas is more than just another over crazed day on the calendar; it's a time of memories, tradition, and of course, a day that God's extravagance should be celebrated to the fullest!
I sincerely wish you all a joyful and beautiful Christmas and hope that you were able to find a moment or two this Holiday to fully realize the meaning and purpose behind it all.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

A T-shirt from Jason's favorite place.....PRICELESS!

Mom, Brooke, me and Nanny
How could Santa forget about little Sammy?

Dad taking a break from the cooking
Toly enjoying our "Sammy" ornament

0 comments:

Post a Comment