Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not Enough Hours in my Day


Is it really Wednesday already?  

I never understood why people used to say the phrase, "I wish there were more hours in the day."  When I was growing up, hearing these words would make me cringe.  All I wanted to do was to make time speed up so that I could get out on my own, be an adult, and live my own life. 

Well now, I'm grown up, being an adult, on my own and let me tell you…I would give anything to go back to those carefree adolescent years some days. 

So trite, but true.  

Breakfast 

1/4 C KAshi Island Vanilla, 1/4 C TJ's Twigs, 1/4 C Kashi Honey Sunshine, Granola, Berries, Banana, Almond Milk, Almond Butter



As busy as I've been, I still made it a point to have a VERY important date with a VERY important man.


Ahhh, yes!  My dad!  It's been forever since he's been on here and that is because it's been forever since I've spent quality time with him.

Sad, I know.  But today, we had a quick little catch up lunch and it was wonderful.

We met at Juice n' Java so I'm sure you can guess what my lunch was by now…

Lunch

Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple Smoothie 


1/2 Veggie Wrap (no cheese) 


 I left the chips but devoured the rest.


After chaos work, I literally ran home to change and head to the gym to meet with my RPM mentor to do some practicing.  I'm teaching the majority of the class on Saturday so I needed to get in a good practice before my debut.

When I got home, I was STARVING.  It's funny because last week, I had such an off appetite and this week, I've been ravenous.

Dinner

Wednesday night BFD came to the rescue.  It's quick and it's always so delicious.

Scrambled Egg, Dijon, Avocado, Tomato, Spinach, Zucchini 


This corn was bought on total impulse today.  A little farmers stand I passed was selling it with a big sign that said "The Best of the Season."  You know my rule when it comes to someone taking triumph over a certain food…I have to try it.

And for good reason.  They were not kidding, this was the best I've had all season.

But let me just go back to this sammie for a second.


Bliss.  

I'm done for the night.  I feel a little out of place this week but I promise to be back tomorrow with a more deliberate post. 

If you could have more hours in a day, where would you add them? - I would definitely add in more time in my evenings.  I feel like after dinner, I have nearly no time to relax.  I try to get it all in before my bedtime but I never seem to ever have that feeling where I am doing absolutely nothing. 

Photobucket