Thursday, August 25, 2011

Guest Post: A Local Day in South Central PA

My dear friend Audi, who has just recently become introduced to the blogging world, is one of a kind.  She's full of life, incredibly artistic, and fully passionate about the local food movement.  When I asked her to write a guest post, I knew she wouldn't disappoint you all.  Local readers, pay close attention to this one….there just might be some useful information for your local purchasing.
 __________________________________________________________________________________
A local day in South Central PA.

Hi friends, my name is Audi and I am a friend/coworker of Lauren. I was stoked when she asked me to do a guest post but seeing as I have never blogged I hope I don’t bore you.

This opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time! My cousin (Tori) is in town from Indiana so I had a partner in crime for this adventure. Plus I didn’t have to feel like a loner taking pictures of my finds (some people don’t get it or maybe they are jealous of my camera - not sure which).

1st stop: Fitzgerald Pottery - Mark and Wynn Mai are 2 of the sweetest people I know and they welcomed us into their business with open arms. I went to school with their boys so it was great to catch up with them.


 This is me - posing with their sign

Meet Tori - she was so intrigued by this place being a potter herself

 How cute are these piggy banks with a cork nose!?


These are on my hit list with a bottle of wine from Napa (hint hint)!


My buys for today - a spoon rest & mug. I can’t wait to show off my new mug.

2nd stop: Oak Grove Farms - This local farm is one of my favorite places for so many reasons!






 Look at all this goodness

Tomatoes galore!


Check out this green bean mountain - you know we got some of these!

So colorful and nutritious

 Mmmm fresh fruit!

We scored so many goodies and couldn’t leave without walking through the wild flowers.

My favorite shot. I love chasing butterflies.


 If you look really close there are 2 people out by the truck picking produce.

3rd stop: Rosemary House - I have never been to this place but I have heard my family buzz about it. They sell everything from tea & spices to soap & gnome statues.



We bought 3 different blends of loose tea and French Herb Biscuit Mix. Stoked to try these finds.

4th stop: Juice & Java I had to show her my favorite café! We eat got a bite to eat & coffee treat.





Yum!

Things I loved about today: spending some QT with my cousin, sharing my local hot spots, supporting small business owners and reaping the rewards of their hard work!

What did you LOVE about today?

Do you stay local and support your local artisans? If not, give it a try!

Lauren: Thank you for this opportunity. Next time you can be my partner in crime and we can visit some of Dillsburg’s finest places (The Blossom Shop, Dill’s Tavern, Maple Shade Barn and the farmers market). 



Photobucket