Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Week So Far and Things You May Not Know About Me


Do you ever have those weeks when you feel like you have it all together?  Your days are not rushed or flustered but just seem to flow.  You get everything accomplished on your to-do list and you're actually left with extra time on your hands. 

I would like to tell you I am having one of those weeks….but sadly, I am not. 

My week is more like this…..

Forgetting almost everything, rushing around to get things done, never actually getting everything done, and feeling like you have done so much but have nothing substantial to show for it.  Yeah, that would be my week. 

Luckily, I've been eating well…..

Breakfast

1/4 C Kashi H2H, 1/4 C Kashi Sunshine, 1/4 C Natures Path MultiGrain Flakes, Banana, Blackberries, 1 T Love Grown Granola, 1 tsp Cinnamon Raisin PB, Almond Milk 


Along with a thirst quenching glass of Iced Coffee….


Lunch 


Coco Cherry Banana Smoothie


  •  1/2 Frozen Banana
  • 10 Frozen Cherries
  • 1 T Coco Powder 
  • 2 T Chobani Black Cherry Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 C Almond Milk


This tasted like a Cherry Milkshake.

I also made a summer inspired salad….

Greens, Apple, Strawberries, Cucumber, Sesame Cashews, Blueberry Goat Cheese

 I couldn't resist a few Sweet Potato Tots on the side.  This time, I added some coconut oil spray, cinnamon, and chili powder.  So much better.

Even though my day may have been a little all over the place, I still managed to get myself together enough to make it to that Body Pump Class I intended on going to.  Since there are no more Sunday classes, I need to find a new routine to get this class in.

Side note: I look like a cheesy fitness instructor here! 

Body Pump felt so good, probably because I missed it so much.  I'm not sure if I will incorporate the Tuesday night class routinely, because I hate feeling rushed to make dinner.  Cooking is my time to unwind from the day so when I feel like I'm being rushed to put it on the table, I loose that sense of serenity that comes with prepping the meal.

Luckily tonight, I didn't have too much prep to do….

I used the last of my Black Bean Mango Southwest Quinoa Salad and also grilled some squash and a TJ's Mahi Mahi burger with added Teriyaki sauce.


This was fantastic.  I'm a little sad to say goodbye to the last of my quinoa salad but I see myself making it again soon!


Yesterday, Chelsey awarded me with this…..

I am touched! Thank you Chelsey. 

Now I have to tell you 7 things about myself….

7. I rarely wash my fruit.  I know I know, coming from a person who is obsessively clean, I am often too lazy to rinse off some berries. 
6. Since we are on the subject of clean, I wear the same gym clothes throughout most of the week. It's usually a sports bra and a pair of shorts but in my defense, I work out by myself, in my basement and no one can smell me (or at least I hope not). 
5. My favorite song in the world was, is and always will be "Crash Into Me" by DMB.  I am fully aware of the strong sexual connotation in the lyrics.  What do you think that says about me? :) 
4. I have road rage.  Just the other day, I flicked a guy off for pulling out in front of me and today, I road some guy's rear end for 10 miles in the left hand lane because he wouldn't get over.  Sure, I could have passed him but that wouldn't have made my road rage any better. 
3. I hate crafts.  
2. I hate swimming.  If you take me to the beach, I will lay out and play in the sand all day long, but it takes quite a bit of coaxing to get me in the ocean. 
1. I will drive around a parking lot for 10 min just to find the closest spot but I have no trouble running 10 miles every day.  Irony here? 

That was fun!  Now it's your turn.  Tell me something about yourself! :) 

Photobucket