Monday, April 4, 2011

Wrong Way Kind of Day


Today was all wrong. 

I wish I could go back and start over, but sadly life just doesn't work that way does it? 

Let's see first up, my phone malfunctioned once again and my alarm never went off. 

I still woke up in time for work, but not in time for my planned yoga.  I wanted that yoga so badly too.  My legs and hips are feeling so tight from yesterday and I dreamed of holding a downward dog to start my day. 

Didn't happen.  

What did happen was a fantastic breakfast I had waiting for me. 

Overnight Raspberry Oats topped with raspberries, blueberries, granola, dark chocolate almond butter, and a pinch of coconut

It was so good I planned ahead because I was already feeling rushed this morning.  The last thing I would want to sacrifice is a good breakfast.


The morning was filled with work and more work.  I had to run to a late morning meeting and then swung home to let Sammy out.  I was going to pack a salad to take back to the office with me to get more work done, but then I realized I actually needed to do some work from home since my desktop at work doesn't have Microsoft 2010 and I needed that for what I was working on.  I decided to make my salad to eat at home while I uploaded some presentations on my mac.

Buffalo "Chicken" Salad 


These were the Litelife brand of the boneless buffalo wings.  I actually LOVE this brand for "fake" chicken, even though I usually try to stay away from faux meat. It's highly processed but every once in awhile, I do enjoy to add the extra protein and substance to my salads.   The rest of my salad contained carrot chips, tomatoes, avocado, steamed broccoli and a little feta. 

 I basically inhaled this lunch just so that I could get back to my desk to get more work done.

I didn't end up getting home until much later than normal and had to catch up on some laundry and housework.

Dinner was later due to some things that had to get taken care of regarding the house but luckily, it came together quickly.

My Homemade Black Bean Burgers


This recipe is super easy!! 

Makes 4 Burgers
  • 1 Can Organic Black Beans (drained and rinsed) 
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup chopped parsley
  • 2 TBL minced garlic
  • 2 TBL Panko crumbs
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Chili Powder
Combine black beans in a bowl and mash.  (I use my hands and find it much easier than the fork method) Add the reaming ingredients and from into patties.  Bake at 350* for 20 min. 

To go along with the burgers, I put together a quick mango avocado salsa and served it on a bed of greens.  I also threw in some sweet potato fries and a few slices of pineapple. 



Here's hoping tomorrow is better. 

Goodnight! :) 

Photobucket