Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nothing But Good


So I have not disappeared, I've just not had an allotted amount of time to devote to my Macbook in awhile. 

I guess I have some catching up to do, but you may want to stick around because I promise there are some fantastic recipes ahead. 

Yesterday morning I made a heavenly bowl of overnight oats. 


1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats, 1/2 Banana, 1 tsp Chia, Raspberry Chobani (Overnight)

Topped with Love Grown Chocolate Granola, Raspberries, A few Kashi Island Vanilla Biscuits, 1 tsp Dark Chocolate Almond Butter 

I had such a busy day yesterday but found myself with a small amount of time in between appointments.  

It was early, but I decided to stop for lunch and a chance to check some emails while I was on the road. 


Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple Smoothie 

Strawberry Spinach Salad 

When I got home, I had a few minutes to spare before we had to get back into the car and head to Baltimore.  We were dropping Toly's parent's off at BWI so that they could catch their flight to Puerto Rico. 

For many years, I have been told that there is a restaurant near BWI that makes the very best crab cakes ever. 

G & M Restaurant claims to be Maryland's most famous crab cakes. Toly and I have been dying to try them for ages so when the opportunity arose, we jumped on it. 

After we said goodbye to his parent's, we headed down the road to G & M for dinner. 


First off, these cakes were HUGE!  Toly and I ordered the double platter so we could split. 

We also split a large caesar salad and I ate mine on top of my salad. 


Honestly, these crab cakes were good, but we both noticed there was quite bit of filler. Perhaps that is why they are so large?  Don't get me wrong, there were several pieces of humungous lump crab but mixed with filler. I'd say they were delicious, but not life changing. 


This morning, I woke up with oatmeal on my mind. 





After I digested, I decided to take advantage of the most beautiful day and laced up for a 5 mile run around the neighborhood.  I'm still working on these crazy hills around here.  I really feel like they are going to improve my running if I keep them up.  

I spent the afternoon at the Farmers Market and grocery store and then doing some odds and ends around the house. 

So now for those recipes I was telling you about…..

Dinner tonight…

Grilled Scallops on Strawberry Goat Cheese Wheat Berry Salad

Wheat Berry Salad
  • 1/4 Cup Cooked Wheat Berries
  • Spinach
  • Sliced Strawberries
  • Edamame
  • Walnuts
  • Grilled Asparagus 
  • Goat Cheese
Dressing: 
  • Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
  • Agave
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Basil 





Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp Over Coconut Rice 


Coconut Rice: 
  • Brown Rice
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk 
  • Edamame
Cook the rice in the coconut milk and add edamame in the last 5 min. 

Shrimp: 
  • Peeled De-vained Shrimp
  • 2 TBL Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1 TBL Soy Sauce 
  • 1 TBL Orange Juice 
  • 1 tsp Agave
Marinate the shrimp for 30 min.  Add to hot grill and cook for 3 min on each side. 




I served this with grilled pineapple and steamed broccoli.  It was amazing!



So far, this weekend has been nothing but good. 

Have you entered my Dharma Glass Straw Giveaway yet??  You have until Monday night! 

Photobucket