Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's a Perfect Kind of Day


Hello friends! 

Do you remember when I posted a few days ago about Monday being a crummy day?  Well, today totally made up for that. 

My wrong way day was forgotten by a nearly perfect day today. Love when that happens.  It seems to balance out the universe. 

I woke up and went strong on the treadmill for a great 7 mile run.  It's the longest I've run since Sunday's 10 mile race and I felt great the entire time. 

I ate one of my favorite breakfasts…..


Kashi Go Lean, Kashi Vanilla Island Vanilla, Small Pear, Applesauce, Vanilla Chobani, 1/2 Apple Crumbled Vita Top, Almond Butter


I know this bowl always seems like a lot, but I really just cram in several different things in small amounts to equate a heavenly combo.  The exact measurements come out to about 1/4 Cup of Cereal, 2 TBL of applesauce, 2 TBL yogurt, 1/2 a vita top, and a teaspoon of almond butter.

I went into the office this morning and worked a few hours before I had to run off to a few classes for the rest of the day.  I had to make a portable lunch to eat on the way.

Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin, Grapes, Chobani, and an Apple (which I saved for later) 

The classes went great and reminded me why I love what I do.  I had a meeting to run to after I was done teaching and by the time I got out, I had a sudden urge to go to the gym. 

I haven't been to the gym in weeks and I feel like I am wasting my membership.  I don't know if my urge was sparked more out of guilt or just boredom but I decided to pay it a visit. 

I ended up having a great workout and tried to use some of the machines that I don't have at home. 
20 min of Arc Trainer
10 min of Stair Climber
5 min of incline walking on treadmill
10 min of weights (upper body) 
10 min of abs

I'm hoping to get back this weekend for two of my favorite classes, Body Attack and Body Pump. 

When I got home, I took Sammy on a nice long walk.  I feel so bad when he is home alone all day and knew he needed to get out and enjoy the fresh air. 

As I was walking him around our new neighborhood, I began to realize how at peace I am starting to feel.  For the past few weeks, Toly and I have been unable to really "settle" into our new home because there has been so much going on.  We come home every night to "this being finished" or "why wasn't this finished" or meetings with our builder that we rarely have time to actually sit back and take it all in.  

I haven't felt like I've been on any routine and I hate that.  Tonight, as I was walking, I realized today would illustrate how I would normally consider a "perfectly routined" day.  A wonderful run, a great day at work, a beautiful walk, and concluded by a delicious dinner. 

Cesar Salad with Egg

My Salad Contained: Spinach, Cabbage, Roasted Broccoli, Avocado, Smoked Salmon, Overeasy Egg, Parm Cheese

I originally wanted the egg to be more runny but I let it sit too long and it hardened up.  Oh well, this salad was still so delicious! 

I also had a slice of whole wheat toast with hummus and a big glass of seltzer with a splash of pom. 


I'm settling in for the night, sipping on tea, reading blogs, and enjoying the evening to myself.  This is the kind of night I need after such a crazy week. 

What is your idea of a "perfect" kind of day?

Photobucket