Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!!


In case you missed it….

Voting has begun!  If you haven't already, head over to this post to pick your favorite breakfast bowl.  Voting will go through Friday, 12pm est. It's a tough choice, there are some incredible looking bowls on the table. 

First and foremost, I need to take a moment to wish one of my most favorite men on this earth a very happy and wonderful birthday. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!!!  




This man is one of the most kind, humble, generous, funny, and extremely commendable men you will ever meet.  No matter how old I get (or he gets ;) I will always feel like his little girl.  Happy birthday dad!  I love you! 


I slept like a rock last night.  This weekend, as fabulous as it was, really took a toll on me in the sleep department.  It felt good to get a great nights rest and start my week off with a lovely 7 mile run. 

During my run, I imagined breakfast and in my image there was lots of fresh strawberries and bananas.  I haven't had this fruit combo in quite some time and today it just sounded perfect. 

1/4 Cup Natures Path Flax Flakes, 1/4 Cup Barbaras Shredded Multigrain Chex, 1/4 Cup Kashi Island Vanilla, Strawberries, 1/2 Banana, 2 TBL Love Grown Chocolate Granola 

I don't know why I don't have this variation more often.  Strawberry Banana is so refreshing together. 

What else was refreshing today was my lunch. 

I made a spinach salad and dumped on the rest of the fruit salsa I made from yesterday.  I also cubed some plain tofu and added steamed broccoli along with a few sliced almonds and drizzled the entire thing in balsamic. 




I think it must have been the summer-like temperatures that had me craving refreshing meals today.  It also had me wanting to break out the summer dresses.


Well really, I got all dressed up for a very special date this evening. 

With this guy…..


I took my dad out for dinner for his birthday.  We had our very own father/daughter date which is something we haven't done in awhile.  When I was a little girl, my dad used to take me out on father/daughter dates all the time.  We usually ended up at Red Lobster (my favorite) and I would always order a Shirley Temple with extra cherries.  

This time, there was no Red Lobster or Shirley Temples, but there was some INCREDIBLE Thai food! 

My dad has recently discovered his deep profound love for Thai food (just like me) and so I decided to take him to my favorite Thai restaurant. 

We started with the summer rolls with tofu. 


For my entree, I had the Papaya Salad with Grilled Shrimp.


This is OUTSTANDING!  Both of our meals were SO good that we couldn't stop remarking about how good everything was.  The thing I love about this Thai place is that everything is so incredibly fresh, light and flavorful.  It's not your typical oversized over greased bowl of fried rice.  (Which is also quite good but sometimes, fresh is just better) 

It was such a wonderful dinner and I'm so blessed to have spent that time with my dad on his special day.  

Hope you all had a marvelous Monday!  

Photobucket