Friday, April 15, 2011

Go Green


Well, I think I've accomplished my goal for the week. 

The goal was to have a "flawless week" as predicted in Monday's post.  I can honestly say that every day this week has been enjoyed.  It feels so refreshing to be able to breath a sweet breath of satisfaction and not feel so stressed, anxious or overwhelmed.  

I was up at running by 4:30am and after an hour and 7 miles, I was ready for breakfast.  I originally planned on having waffles (as I usually do on Friday's) but the more I thought about it, the more I was truly craving a big bowl of cereal. 


1/4 Cup Natures Path Multigrain Flakes, 1/4 Cup Yogi Walnut Spice, a few Kashi Island Vanilla biscuits, 1/2 pear, blackberries, 1/2 tsp cinnamon raisin PB, flax


I am so glad I went with my gut because this bowl of cereal was exceptionally delicious today.

I was so happy to have a fun day planned at work.  It began with a morning event at one of my schools  that I brought my good friend and co-worker, Audi with me.  Audi does all of our PR, Graphic Design and Advertising so she came to take some pictures of the event.

Afterwards, we grabbed lunch at one of my new favorite restaurants, The Green Room.  I wrote about this place once before, but The Green Room is a small bistro and juice bar that serves only local organic food that is also vegan and vegetarian friendly.  I'm all about this place!!

To start, I ordered a glass of their homemade Kombucha.

 I loved that this game in a jar with huge slices of fresh ginger.  It was so fresh and delicious and still slightly warm so I know that must have just made it.

For lunch, I tried a bowl of their soup special which was a homemade roasted root curry vegetable.

 So fresh and light.  The curry taste was subtle but just enough to elevate the flavors of the vegetable puree.

Audi and I split the hummus plate and by shared I mean I ate about 90% of it.  This is some of the best hummus I've ever had.  I literally ate it by the spoonful.


Audi went with the Smoked Turkey and Cheddar that contained free range naturally smoked turkey.  All of the meats are organic, free range and all natural.


Needless to say, I'm a big fan of The Green Room.  Every time I visit this town, I find a reason to eat here. I would love to go back and check out some of their dinner specials but that would take quite a bit of convincing to my husband. :)

Surprisingly, I was stuffed to the brim all afternoon.  Even by the time I got home, I wasn't hungry at all. I decided to kill some time in the home gym and did 20 min of light ET and a Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 workout.

After 45 min of a workout and a walk with Sammy and Toly, I eventually sparked up an appetite.  The ONLY thing I really wanted was a huge bowl of fruit.  I guess after a veggie heavy lunch, I was feeling bloated and dehydrated and only wanted juicy sweet fruit and that is just what I had.  Well sort of….


I ate a huge bowl of fruit in the salad form.  Spinach and cucumbers were the bottom layer and then a glorious amount of fruits, avocado, roasted asparagus, a pinch of feta and a few almonds. 

Wow!  This salad was incredible and satisfied every craving I could imagine. 

Toly and I are getting ready to revisit an old tradition, Friday Night Lights and Fro Yo.  Too bad we have no fro yo but I'm contemplating breaking out the food processor and making some banana fro yo.  

So excited for the weekend!! 

Enjoy the rest of the night. 

Photobucket