Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting My TJ's Fix


Waking up naturally to sunshine is one of the best feelings. 

Quite the difference in weather today, but at least we had one beautiful day this weekend. 

After doing some of my usual lazy Sunday morning chores (coupon cutting, folding laundry, making store lists, sipping coffee, etc) I eventually started thinking about what to make for breakfast.  As soon as I heard Toly wrestling around upstairs, I moved into the kitchen and got working on pancakes. 

Banana Pancakes!! 


These were made with Kodiak mix with 1 overripe banana, cinnamon, and almond milk.

I topped the cakes with some warm diced pear, vanilla Chobani, and about a tablespoon of Love Grown Foods Granola.  (I already know I'll be ordering more of this stuff when it's gone)



After breakfast, I went to Body Pump and had a FANTASTIC class.  I finally reached my goal of 40 lbs (+ the weight of the bar) on the squat track and totally rocked it.  It was a new release so the moves and songs were new which also made for a great class.

I was feeling wonderful after pump and continued on with some heavy lifting with a quick BJ's trip to stock up on bulk items.

By the time I got home and had everything put away, it was time to start thinking about lunch.  My dad was coming over because we had a Trader Joe's date so I wanted to make us something tasty to fuel the shopping.

It started with a simple Cesar Salad…


Paired with Open Faced Roasted Veggie Sandwiches….


 I made these using Whole Wheat Ciabatta, Sun Dried Tomato Hummus, Sprouts, Roasted Veggies, feta and balsamic glaze.


Delish!

After a quick hour car ride, we found ourselves at our favorite place.  I was going through some major TJ's withdraw and went a little overboard by stocking up on the essentials and then a bunch of new products. This is what happens when I go through a dry spell.  Honey Apple Butter!  Mango Butter! Coconut Shrimp! Sea Salt Brownie Bites!  It was all too good to pass up.


We ran into some traffic on the way home but I was still back in time to make dinner.  I asked Toly what he was in the mood for and Ravioli was on his mind.

I think these were Spinach and Goat Cheese (but I'm not really sure because I had them in a ziplock and threw out the packaging).  Whatever they were, they were good!


Oh weekend why do you come and go so fast?

What's one fun thing you did this weekend? 

Photobucket