Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011




Happy Easter! 

Growing up, Easter was our second Christmas.  I distinctly remember staying up late the night before Easter Sunday to dye eggs and then my mom giving us a good scrub down in the bathtub so that we were squeaky clean for church in the morning.  Even though she was never able to get all of the dye off, we would still dress in our pastel dresses and matching hats with fainted colored hands. 

Easter dinner was always an extravagant event.  Every year, we would par take in a feast at my parents house but ever since my dad took the role as pastor at our church, his time on Easter Sunday is pretty limited.  This year, Toly and I volunteered to host in our new home. 

After sleeping in, we woke up and enjoyed breakfast on a glorious sunny morning. 

Baked Pear Oatmeal with Blackberries, Granola, Almond Milk

We then headed to church for a wonderful service and then came home to get things ready for the party. 

I put out an array of appetizers to people to enjoy before dinner. 

Bruschetta 

Fruit Salsa 

Carrot Cake Muffins 

Veggies and Hummus 

My dad made just a little lasagna.  Okay really, he made enough for a small army.  This thing was almost too big for the oven.


I made a meatless option: Three Cheese Pasta Bake with Broccoli 


I loaded my plate with some pasta, salad and veggies and a wedge of garlic bread.


Dinner was wonderful and afterwards, we celebrated.

My dad's birthday is tomorrow so we celebrated with his favorite, Chocolate Peanut butter Cake.


I passed on the cake but went all for the fruit and had some bites of other random things like rice krispy treats, a brownie bite, and this amazing waffle cake my mil makes.


Our first party was a great success.  Here are a bunch of pics from the day….










It was definitely a jam packed weekend but nothing less than wonderful.  

I wish you and your family a blessed Easter. 

PS- There is still time to enter in my SHOW ME YOUR BOWL Contest.  Just send me any picture of your favorite breakfast creation by midnight tonight and you'll be automatically entered. 

Photobucket