Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Don't Cry Over Spilt Kombucha



I'm so glad you all like the Show Me Your Bowl Contest idea.  Remember, you only have until this Friday, April 29th, to get your entries to me. 

Oh and an added bonus in the prize package…..

Sarah  from Nuts About Granola has generously offered to donate the homemade granola portion of the deal.  Not that you all wouldn't be blown away by my granola making skills, but I think these things are better left to the professionals! :) 

So, I've been meaning to show you some of the new products I picked up at Trader Joe's this past weekend. 






I had way too much fun shopping there this past weekend.  I'm telling you, when I go for awhile without a trip to Trader Joe's, I get a little cart happy and end up buying everything that looks good.  Geeze, it's a good thing that store is small.

And before I get to topics of today, I just have to share dinner last night because it was quite epic.


Scramble Eggs with melted Laughing Cow on 1/2 Whole Wheat Ciabatta with Sun Dried Tomato Hummus, and Spinach 

Oh my was this ever good!

Today was rush rush rush but very fulfilling.

I began with breakfast of course….

1/3 C Nature's Path Flakes, 1/4 C Yogi Walnut Spice, 2 TBL Love Grown Apple Walnut Granola, 1/2 Banana, Blackberries, 1 tsp Mighty Maple, Chia Seeds


Someone asked me if I count sugar and carb grams in these bowls and the answer is no.  I actually don't count anything but I do try to be adherent to sugar by buying cereals that are relatively low in sugar.  Most of the sugar is coming from the fruit which I would never really count.  If I counted all the sugar in the amount of fruit I eat throughout the day, I would have to do a lot of counting.

Lunch was a special occasion today.

I had plans to meet up with Karen from Health in Real Life. Karen recently won a giveaway I hosted and when I emailed her to get her address, she had the idea of meeting in person to claim it.  We found out a few months ago that we live close to one another and I just found out today that she will be working right beside me!  We've already planned our lunchtime walks together. :)


I recommended that we meet at Cornerstone and she declared that she's been wanting to try after hearing about me talk about this place often. 

We both started with the soup of the day, Carrot, Ginger and Artichoke. 


And then shared the Veggie Wrap


It was so great to meet Karen and even better to hear that she will be working so close.  There are definitely more lunch spots I can't wait to show her around the area. 

After lunch, I had some meetings to attend that required a bit of travel.  In the midst of my travels, I suddenly got a very strong craving for a Kombucha. 


 Unfortunately, as soon as I opened it, the bottle exploded all over me and my car.  Never have I seen some much "gunk" in one bottle of Kombucha. It must have all floated to the top during the explosion.


Good thing I don't mind the gunk.  Despite the mess, it totally hit the spot.

Dinner tonight was also to fulfill a strong craving.

I picked up a bag of frozen Wild Caught Japanese Sea Scallops at Trader Joe's (you can not beat the price there) and dreamed of making Coconut Crusted Scallops.


To make these, all I do is season the scallops with salt and pepper, spray them with Coconut Oil Spray and then top them with a mixture of coconut and panko crumbs.  Bake at 400* for 10 min and done!

I served the scallops on a salad that contained roasted organic beets, edamame, blueberries, kiwi, walnuts, avocado and roasted asparagus.

I love scallops but rarely buy them because they are so expensive and Toly doesn't like them.  Trader Joe's is the only place I can find the frozen Jumbo ones at such a good price and still taste so fresh. 

What a long day.  I'm looking forward to a more relaxed day tomorrow. 

Goodnight! 

Photobucket