Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Changing it Up



It is finished!!!! 


The basement is finally done and it looks fantastic!  So much space.

And I even have my own little area off to the side that makes a perfect workout area.

I'm so happy we decided to finish the basement.  It's like having an another entire level to our house that will definitely come to good use, especially when we have parties.  And kids (but that shouldn't be for a little while ;)

Since my treadmill was tucked away in preparation for the carpet that was going to be laid today, I couldn't complete my morning run but I did get in a good total body workout with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1 and a 20 min Body Rock workout.

Speaking of Body Rock, has anyone tried these yet?  I'm still trying to decide how I feel about them.  I did Insanity a few months ago and LOVED it and I heard that these workouts are 100 x better.  I wouldn't necessarily say they are better (but I've only done 2 so far) but I do like them.  The only thing I can't get use to is not following the workout on the tv as I do the moves.  I kind of need that guide so it's challenging for me to watch the moves and then do them on my own.  I like the structure of an actual instructor doing the moves with me.  I'll keep trying though.

Breakfast was something a bit different today.

1/2 Whole Wheat Cranberry Bagel with 1 tsp Mighty Maple and 1/2 Mashed Banana 

Big Bowl of Fruit with Pineapple Chobani and 2 Tbl of granola 


It was nice to change things up.  And on the topic of changing it up, I continued my whim by changing up the hair style today.

Not really sure why I decided to curl my hair on a rainy day because it lasted all about 10 min. 

I had some meetings in the office today so I brought my lunch with me to eat amongst work. 

I brought the other half of my veggie wrap from yesterday's lunch. 

Slightly browned avocado but other than that, it held up quite well

I also brought a little leftover spinach and strawberry salad from dinner last night. 


Insert a few more hours of work and sitting in an hour of rush hour traffic and that summed up my afternoon. 

I was a little annoyed when I actually did make it home (from all the traffic) but my mood quickly turned around when I saw a belated birthday card in the mailbox. 

 Sweet Erica is always thinking about others, which is one of the reasons why I adore her more than anything.  It actually wasn't belated, just sent to my parents address and my mom had to resend it back to the new address.  (I'll have to give you the new one Erica! :)

For dinner, I made something I haven't made in ages….Stuffed Potatoes!

Stuffed Sweet Potato made by baking sweet potato (or yam) until soft.  Scoop out flesh and mix with 1 T Plain Yogurt, 1 tsp Dijon, salt and pepper. Place potato mixture back into shell and top with dried cherries and coconut.  Bake for another 10 min. 

Toly had the traditional potato with bacon and cheese. 


Eaten with a side salad of pear, betters, and roasted walnuts.

Tonight is the first night all week I can actually relax.  Toly is currently down in his man cave trying to decide the best location for the TV and his Xbox.  It's a serious matter. ;) 

PS- I'm thinking about holding a contest.  Since so many of you comment on my breakfast bowls, I thought it would be fun to see what some of you can come up with.  I was thinking of making a contest to see who can create the best breakfast bowl.  I'll then do an entire post devoted to the beautiful bowls for others to vote.  The winner will of course receive a fabulous prize.  What do you think? 

Photobucket