Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Sunday Routine Back in Action



I feel as though I'm starting to get into my groove with being in the new house.  Both Toly and I feel like it's taking a little time to feel like it's our "own" but every day, we make it a little more us. 

Today, I remembered what Sunday's used to be like and I'm definitely glad to have the Sunday routine back. 

I slept in and woke up to make a beautiful Sunday morning breakfast for me and Toly. 


 I made Whole Wheat Cinnamon French Toast with berries and coconut.

My french toast recipe is quite simple and probably similar to most.  I used the Nature's Pride Honey Whole Wheat Bread and dipped this in a mixture of almond milk, egg, cinnamon and vanilla.




It was not only beautiful, it tasted amazing. :)

After breakfast, I changed and got ready for my usual Sunday morning Body Pump Class.  This is about the only strength training I've been doing.  I know it's only once a week, but something is better than nothing.  I usually like to do 3-4 days of strength but I'll take what I can get.

Class was great!!!  I upped my weights and felt good the entire time.  I definitely feel myself getting so much stronger with this class.

Afterwards, I made my way to the store and did a food stock up for the week.  I'm so excited to be making dinner every night in my wonderful kitchen.

The groceries were put away and lunch was up next.  I still needed to shower but that would have to wait because my stomach was yelling at me for some nourishment.
Hummus, Tomato and Sprouts on Whole Wheat


I made 1/2 a sandwich and paired it with a small pear and some carrots with almond butter.

In between cleaning and more decorating, I snacked on a bowl of pineapple with pineapple chobani and a little granola.

Toly and I did more decorating which included hanging our huge wedding picture.  Now it really feels like home! :)

After body pump, shopping, cleaning, decorating and more unpacking, we were both feeling exhausted but hungry.

Time for dinner!

I made a Garlic Parmesan Crusted Tilapia


To make this fish, I simply took 2 Tilapia fillets and seasoned them with a little salt and pepper. I made a mixture of panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic gold, parsley, dipped the fish in egg and then dredged into the bread crumb mixture and pan seared in a little butter and EVOO for about 5 min on one side.  After 5 min, I flipped and threw the skillet in the oven to finish cooking through. 

On the side, we had a Whole Grain Rice Pilaf and some roasted asparagus. 


Wow, I haven't made a meal like this is ages.  The fish was so flavorful and I think it's because I did the pan sear method this time rather than just bake.  That little tablespoon of butter goes a long way in terms of flavor. 

Now I'm getting ready for the week ahead by mentally planning it out.  Since things are dying down with the craze with the house, it's easier to be a little more scheduled. Thank goodness!! 

Goodnight!

PS- I'm working on a playlist for my 10 mile race this weekend.  Any suggestions?? 

Photobucket