Thursday, March 10, 2011

Operation Move: Day 3 and 4



Hey everyone! 

Sorry I've been so sporadic these past few days, I'm a bit all over the place….literally. 

The move is going well.  I'm so happy we decided to do it this way and move progressively throughout the week.  It's been so nice to be able to tackle one room or project at a time.  The guys are still working but we're really becoming great friends with them all.  It's actually so much fun to hang out with them all day and they even help us out by moving heavy things and such.  

The ONLY thing I am still waiting on which is preventing us from staying there is running water and a toilet.  The plumber was supposed to be here a few days ago but apparently he got caught up on another job.  He PROMISED he will be here first thing tomorrow morning.  If all goes well with the plumbing, Toly and I plan to spend our first night in the new house tomorrow. 

Here are some pics of the progress….

Our Bedroom

Unpacking the Kitchen 

Oh how I've missed my coffee mug! 


I managed to get most of the kitchen unpacked today.  Major accomplishment.  If you notice, we're missing one major part to the kitchen.  The countertops!  We're having granite made right now and it won't be ready to install until next week sometime.  I'll just have to live without countertops for a few days, but I can deal. 

Not only has my posting been sporadic but as has my eats.  If you ever moved, you know that eating is all over the place.  The days just fly by and many times, I often forget that I need to eat.  I started on the kitchen around 9am and didn't even realize it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. 

Breakfast did a great job of holding me over though. 

Banana Whipped Oats with Berries, Vanilla Greek Yogurt and 1/2 Crumbled Allie Bar

After a full morning at the house, I ran home to use the bathroom and make a quick lunch before heading back to work. 

Trader Joe's Split Pea Soup with Broccoli (I pureed it into the soup..fantastic idea!)

Back at the house, we managed to hang up some curtains and continue with a bit more unpacking.  Today, we had our cable and internet hooked up so really, the only thing we need is our water and we're good to go! :) 

We called it a day around 6pm and came home to get something to eat. 

I really wasn't feeling a heavy dinner and went with what I really was in the mood for. 

Cereal! 

Trader Joe's Strawberry O's, Oatmeal Squares, Banana, Blueberries and Strawberries

I picked up on of Panera's new Trail Mix bagel and couldn't wait to try it.  I toasted 1/2 with some TJ's Peanut butter Cream Cheese and Raspberry Jam. 



LOVED this new bagel.  I tasted sweet hints of dried cherry, dried apple chips, salty pumpkin seeds and the whole thing had a nice earthy tone.  


Breakfast for dinner never fails me. 

Tomorrow is another FULL day!!!  I'm finally moving my underwear over.  Haha, you know its official when the unmentionables go over.  ;)

Hope everyone is having a great week!  I've been trying to stay connected with you all but please bare with me for a few more days. 



Photobucket