Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back To My Normal Sunday

 Quite the enjoyable Sunday was had here.

In my prior life (pre build), I always defined the ideal Sunday as having little plans, making a big breakfast to enjoy with my hubby, planning for the week ahead by grocery shopping and meal plan, and lots and lots of relaxing.

Today, all of that was accomplished. 

First up, breakfast.  This morning, I finally tested out my new obessesion.....



Out of all of the appliances we purchased, I do admit, this one was the "splurge" but its 100% worth every penny.

I have been dreaming of the day to make pancakes on this baby.


Peanut Butter Banana Panckaes


Look at what's back!!  The imfamous Mr. and Mrs. mugs in perfect postion for Sunday morning breakfast. Life is really getting back to normal.

After we cleaned up, I made my way to the store to do some grocery shopping for the week.  We really started with the bare minimals when we moved so our fridge and pantry have been bare since we moved in.  I've been to the store 3-4 times since, and I swear, it still feels bare.  I think it just takes time to build up a good reserve in your kitchen.  It shouldn't take me long. ;)

When I got home, I was actually feeling pretty hungry again and knew we were having a later lunch so I snacked on a Sigg's in the meantime. (These were on sale for .99$!)

My parents stopped by later in the afternoon to see the house and hang out with us.  We contemplated what to do for lunch and they agreed that pizza would be the easiest option.  I feel like we've been eating pizza for weeks now, but in its defense, it does seem to be the stereotypical moving food. 

I was so sick of pizza, so I went for a salad that I put together with some things I had picked up at the store.
Salad with Veggies, Dr. Pregger's Veggie Burger and Hummus


We laid around for the rest of the afternoon and eventually, Toly's parent's stopped by.  We did some more visiting with them for a few hours.

Toly had to be somewhere tonight, so I needed to think of a quick easy dinner. Egg Sammies are a fool proof standby in our house for quick, tasty dinners. 

I fired up the oven again and continued to be amazed at its incredible capabilities.
I never truly appreciated gas cooking until now.  Holy goodness, how did I ever go so long in my life without cooking with gas? Just look at those grill marks that were achieved in less than 20 min.

I put together my sammie with a slice of Whole Wheat, Dijon, Spinach, Avocado, and one egg with nooch.  Along with my sprouts, I also threw in a few Alexia Sweet Potato Fries because they are one of my guilty pleasures that I can't get enough of.


This dinner was right on.  Delicious and done in no time.

Now, I'm unwinding with some trashy tv (Real Housewives) and getting ready to face the week!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
Photobucket