Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sick Food


I'm alive. 

Well at least I think I am.  I don't really remember much of the past 48 hours, other than I probably slept for more than 30 of them.  

Call it fate, call it bad luck, call it whatever you want, but just as I predicted, I didn't have a chance. 

The flu took no mercy on me.  Luckily, I didn't endure the terrible stomach virus that most people did.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't exactly up for eating, but at least I didn't spend the majority of the time hugging the toilet.  

Yesterday was bad.  I could barely walk or stand without feeling as though I would pass out.  Like I said, I think I slept more hours than I was awake. 

This morning, I was still feeling like crap but gradually as the day went on, I started to get some life back in me. 

With that, I felt the need to put some food back in me.  The ONLY thing I crave when I am sick is carbs.  The forms of cereal and bread to be exact.  




I tried to eat eggs tonight for dinner but they didn't go down as well as I'd hope.  I think I need to coat my stomach with another bowl of cereal and put myself to bed.  Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be back to normal. 

Thanks for all of your well wishes! :) 


Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. All I crave is carbs too when I get sick. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girly! Glad you're starting to feel alive/a little better. Eat what you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you got sick! That is no fun. When I'm sick all I want is carbs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! I crave carbs when I'm sick too...my favorite is English muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Sad face* Carbs will make it better! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you got sick! Not fun at all! I hope you are back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear lord!! I am glad you got some rest!!! I hate to hear of my Lauren being sick!!!!!!!!

    Sleep is the best!!

    Keep resting Mama!! And feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking and praying for you! Being sick is so hard...especially when you have something like the flu...it zaps all your energy! I'm glad to hear that you didn't get the stomach part. Now I hope that you are able to regain your strength! Whenever I'm recovering, I always crave dry cereal and big glasses of water. Honey Bunches of Oats was the only thing I could stomach when I had the stomach flu last year! I'm sending a big, healing hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cottage cheese on bread!

    I hope you feel all better tommorow!
    I just love carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. poor lady!!! feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sorry girl!! i crave carbs when Im sick too! no fruit and veggies nor eggs for me when Im sick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you couldn't escape the grip of the flu! Try having some Garlic and Ginger, they are both antibacterial and natural flu fighters! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness! I've been so busy with work this week that I am just now catching up on my blog reading! So sorry to hear about you getting sick! I hope you are back to your normal flu-free self soon!

    I crave cereal and bread when I'm sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel good soon! The one time I was sick this year I couldn't down any food. Thankfully it didn't last that long

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww lovely lauren- i hope you feel better SO soon girl!!!! Rest and eat up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. :(
    When I'm sick all i want is peanut butter toast! Hope you feel better soon!!

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete