I wouldn't consider myself super stylish. I think I have a good sense for looking put together, but when it comes to cutting edge fashion, I'll admit, I'm usually a few months (or years) behind. For example, I was never able to get into the whole skinny jeans with flats.So many girls pull this look off, but I just look silly.
Another look I can't master- the pashmina. I try on this one, but I always feel like I'm doing it wrong.
As much I as try to bring my sexy back……
Most of the time, I'm rockin' the yoga pants, sweatshirt, and big fuzzy slippers. (PS- I would LIVE in Express Yoga pants if it were socially acceptable. I own 5 pairs)
Regardless of what I think of my own personal style, a few of you were so sweet to include me in the alleged "Stylish Blogger Award."
Now, in order to accept this award, I need to share 7 things about myself with you that you may not know. You already know about my clothing habits, so let's see what else there is to know…..
- I’m an English graduate who can not spell to save her life- its true, not everyone with a BA in English and Writing is also an avid speller. I blame this on the fact that I grew up in the age of spell check and acronyms. Now grammar is an entirely different subject for me. Give me a sentence to dissect and my inner passion for syntax emerges. All I can say is, thank God Mac’s have spell check on everything.
- I hate any winter related activity- I would rather get a cavity filled than participate in any snow associated activity- i.e. sledding, tubing, skiing, snowboarding, shoveling, driving…..
- I believe that the added licks, bites, and sneaks don’t count- I am a huge offender of licking the spoon, grabbing a handful of cereal from the box, scraping the side of the brownie pan and I fully feel that these little grab and go’s won’t have any affect on your overall calorie consumption for the day. In fact, one of my most signature moves is taking the very first bite of ice cream from the container immediately after bringing it home from the store. This is by far, the very best bite of ice cream and I always feel as though I deserve it.
- I’ve been SLIMED- When I was 10, I visited Universal Studios and was slicked on Nickelodeon TV. It was the coolest experience of my childhood. Somehow, I got chosen out of the hundreds of screaming children to star in a short TV clip. Every kid in the world dreamed of being slimed on Nick during my day and I lived that dream. Come to think of it, what ever happened to slime?
- More than ½ of my incentive to work out in the winter is to be warm- I’ll admit it, I love to work out and run, but I HATE being cold so that brutal 5 min drive to the gym when I am shivering uncontrollably is hard. I think of how painful it will be to undress into my ice cold gym clothes that have been sitting in my car all day, but I just think to myself how hot I will be after 5 min of running and 99.9% of the time, that wins me over.
- I sometimes pretend I'm a really good singer and envision myself on stage in front of thousand of screaming fans- Come on, I know you do this one too!
- I have never broken a bone- And I hope to keep this one going for life. The thought of breaking, dislocating, or seriously messing up a body part is a HUGE fear of mine.
So there you have it. I'm pretty sure you know almost everything there is to know about me now. Okay, maybe not everything, but a girls gotta keep some things left to the unknown. ;)
One thing that I didn't need to share that you SHOULD already know about me is that I love my breakfasts.
Natures Path Vanilla Sunrise, Barbara's Vanilla Shredded Oats, Blackberries, Banana, Vanilla Chobani, Vanilla Granola, White Chocolate Wonderful PB
Work kind of blew today. Not that I don't love my job, but because of the snow, all of my school events that I spent all week preparing for were cancelled. My jam packed day turned into a excruciating 8 hours of staring at my computer screen. I am NOT an office person.
Sticking to my vow to eat my packed lunch, I broke into the salad I packed originally for yesterday.
It wasn't so bad eating at my desk, but I know I can't do it often or else I would go crazy. I like to keep my work and my food separate.
When I left work, the snow was really picking up. I thought I could get in a quickie at the gym before the roads got bad.
I was in and out in about 35 min with a 4 mile run. Not bad.
When I got home, I wasn't sure what to make for dinner. Wednesdays, Toly and I usually go out because my parent's have their church group over, but it was cancelled tonight because of the bad weather.
I remembered I had some quick TJ's dinners in the freezer and gave Toly the option, Thai or Italian.
He said Italian and then I changed his mind to Thai. (Don't know why I even ask him sometimes)
First up, TJ's Thai Veggie Pot Stickers
For me, I opened the bottle of TJ's Red Curry Sauce I've had for awhile now. I love curry but I've never tried the pre-bottled kind. I usually make my own sauce, but I've heard good things about it.
I made a quick stir fry of eggplant, broccoli and tofu and added the sauce.
Toly had TJ's Spicy Orange Chicken. His favorite!
I really enjoyed the curry. Definitely a different taste than the curry I get at our Thai restaurant, but still very good.
I'm off to relax in my flannel PJ bottoms, big pink fuzzy slippers, and oversized long sleeve T-shirt. I don't even try and I'm still bringing my sexy back! ;)