Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Live Boldly



Hello! 

Is it me or is this week dragging?  Maybe it's because I'm back at work and it feels as though the rest of the world is still on Christmas break?  Whatever the reason, I'm more than ready for the weekend. 

On Friday, we leave for Cleveland to visit Toly's family for New Years.  I can't wait to see everyone and party big time!  His family definitely knows how to party. :) 

Thank you everyone for all of your support on my Goals for 2011.  You guys also have some great aims as well.  One of my favorite came from Lisa of The Dishes of Mrs. Fishes

"I'm not the best with resolutions, but this year I have a goal of sending birthday cards to each of my family members and close friends this year. :) My grandma does this, and loves it. I know I always look forward to getting cards on my birthday, so I thought I'd spread that "warm fuzzy" to my family and friends."

So true!  I actually want to get better at having cards ahead of time because I always feel like I wait til the last minute.  Anyone else?

No matter what your goals are, I think the most important thing you can do this year is LIVE BOLDLY.  By this I mean don't be afraid to show your true colors, wake up every morning and appreciate being alive, make a statement, and do something that scares you every day.  When we begin to test our limits and move just a little out of our comfort zone is when we really start to embrace life.  This year, I want to live boldly.  

Breakfast today was cereal. 

 
Raisin Bran, PB Puffins, Blueberries, Banana, Crumbled Blueberry Bread, Banana PB


I love the taste of crumbled muffin or bread into cereals.  It really adds so much to your simple bowl.

I had a meeting late morning and then had a surprise lunch date with a secret admirer.


Awww, it's no secret, I admire this guy with my life.  Do you know why he is the best husband in the world?  For too many reasons to list, but for one particular reason today, he surprised me with another Christmas gift. 

Toly knew how badly I've been wanting Sirius Radio and he waited until after Christmas to get a really good deal on one.  

I am one lucky girl.  First it was dinner and diamond earrings, then it was lunch and sirius radio.  


Back to lunch, we decided to meet at our favorite downtown diner for some BFL.  Gosh, BFD, BFL, we really can't get enough.

Dieners has the best omelets so that is what I went with today.

Veggie Egg White Omelet with Wheat Toast and Hash Browns

So delicious!  I gave my hash browns to Toly.  After all, he did give me XM radio, it was the least I could do. :) 

After the gym, I got home and had not the slightest clue what to make for dinner.  My dad pulled out some Organic Vegetable Ravioli from the freezer and reminded me that he bought these with me in mind.  



These were from Costco I believe.  Whole Wheat, filled with roasted veggies and 100% Organic.  He knows me so well. :)


These were actually really good.  Whenever a frozen meal says it's full of vegetables, they are usually quite deceiving, but this did not lie. 


I bulked up the ravioli with some baby spinach, broccoli and sauce and added a slice of Tuscan Bread with hummus.  

Delicious dinner in minutes.  

And that is all for now.  Until tomorrow friends! 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the weekend too! A three dayer, I'm for it! Hope you guys have a blast on your trip. What a special lunch date. Your omelet looks out of this world. And that is definitely a great gift. With all the driving you do for work- its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to my mom today and she was saying that the office was empty because most people are taking their vacation days now. I know what you mean though... I'm taking an intersession class and it started this week. The campus is practically deserted and a lot of things are actually closed. But I don't mind the peacefulness :)

    I love what you said about this coming year. I am all about embracing life.. every single part of it! Being passionate is so infectious and gives breath to life.

    You and Toly make me smile :) Hehe he is your not-so-secret admirer! Gifts at dinner, lunch... now try going out for breakfast ;p Just kidding! Well going out for breakfast would be nice! And that's so sweet of your dad that he saw something at the store that he thought you'd like. Little surprises like that just make me feel warm and special.. shows thoughtfulness :)

    XOXO with all my heart :) thank you for always being a friend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely shout out! :) I filled in my January calendar with my family/friend's birthdays, and shopped at Hallmark today! :)

    So glad that you and Toly had a lunch date. I always love when my hubby brings me lunch, it's so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet husband you have on your hands! That ravioli looks so good - your daddy is so nice too! All of the wonderful men in your life - you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love receiving cards so I really should send them out more often but I can never find STAMPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your husband are adorable. Don't you just love being in love with such great men? I feel like we are two very blessed women (and, of course, our husbands are pretty lucky too!). I hope you have a wonderful time with his family this weekend. You are almost there! Thank you for sharing with me, my friend. I wish you and your family a happy and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. muffins in cereal - yes! yay for sweet gifts from sweet husbands. i think potatoes are a very fair trade :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED your 2011 goals girl! i love that you had some for every facet of your life - i think that is fantastic and you are going to achieve them all!

    and i LOVE those Weston pictures :)

    happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I need to go to Costco to get those raviolis!! I'm not a big ravioli person because I'm not a huge fan of cheese, but they sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete