Thursday, October 7, 2010

Run This Town


"Victory's Within the Mile. Almost There Don't Give up Now. Only Thing That's on my Mind. Is Who's Gonna Run This Town Tonight."
Run This Town~ Jay-Z

Well one this is for sure.  

This guy definitely ran the town of Philadelphia last night. 


What a legendary game.  Halladay pitched a No Hitter in the first game of the play off Series which is truly unheard of.  Pitching a no hitter in the play off's has only happened one other time in the history of baseball.  

This man is a baseball god and truly admired for his uncanny skill.  Once quoted by my husband, "I kind of have a man crush on him."  

Not bad, but no one will ever come close to comparing to my true love…..


Oh Chase, my heart be still! 

I love playoff time!  Well, let me rephrase that.  I love playoff time when the Phillies are the number one team.  This makes it year 4 and we are ready to go ALL THE WAY! Bring it Yankees! 

Okay, enough of the sports talk, I'm sure I've lost some of you by now.  If not with the MLB verbiage, your probably lost somewhere in Chase's bedroom eyes.  I actually had to defer myself to get through this post before midnight. 

I woke up today with a feeling of relief.  Knowing how much support I had gotten from everyone after announcing that I was pulling out of the race was the most alleviating feeling.  It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. 

I was also feeling entirely more excited about the trip, but I still had one more day of work to get through. 

Breakfast first. 


1/2 Cup Total Raisin Bran, 1/4 Cup Oatmeal Squares, 1/2 Banana, Blueberries, Blueberry Chobani, Mighty Maple and Flax


This may sound weird to you, but ever since I was little, I always loved cottage cheese and salt.  It's even better when you add some ripe cantaloupe to that mix.  Salt on melon, weird? Of course it's weird, but then I consider myself the epitome of weird when it comes to food so I don't think anything of it. 

A great start to my day, I spent the morning teaching and then rushed home for lunch.  

TJ's Salmon Burger on Sandwich Thin with Hummus, LC Cheese, Lettuce, Cucumber and Avocado


Wow, just noticed the glare.  Holy blinding! 

I tied up things in the office for the rest of the afternoon and then came home to laundry, pack, and prep for the trip.  I'm not sure about you, but the only way I can ever feel truly prepared before a trip is to make a list.  What did my list say?

Laundry
Pack
Print out Registration Form
Download Ipod Playlist
Charge Garmin

It appears that I still have a few things to do. 

In the midst of my to-do's, I realized it was time to start on dinner. 

Taco Salads tonight!

 My Taco Salad was a base of Butternut Squash, Zucchini, Peppers and Beans sauteed with taco seasonings and a little tomato sauce.  I also cubed and cooked 1/2 a block of leftover tofu to go along.  Toppings (the best part), fresh guac, tomatoes, peach salsa, yogurt.


 Toly's Salad was made with beef, cheese, and beans.


Outstanding, but oh so spicy!  Toly and I were both inhaling the fumes but both thought it was too good to even care.  I do like spicy but that is why I usually pair such a heated meal with something to cool it down a bit.  Pineapple is an excellent cleanser for this. 

Well, I still have some things to do and I hope to finally see an entire episode of Grey's tonight. 

See you in Connecticut where I will "Run This Town" in the Hartford ING 5k! 

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Josh was SO excited about the win last night as well!! The pitcher did an outstanding job. I love those oatmeal squares- they're super filling and tasty. And great salads- so many tasty veggies in yours. I love heat! Have so much fun on your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cooks something almost completely different for the husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome phillies game! no hitters are always totally impressive :) my family loves salt & pepper on cantaloupe! you aren't the only one! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so clueless when it comes to baseball but that fresh food looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about pairing hot foods with cooling foods. Pineapple or watermelon are my go-to selections! I'm glad you are feeling confident about your decision. You did the right thing, love! And I loved hearing your baseball joy. My husband grew up in PA, and so he loves the Phillies. We were actually in Philly when they won the World Cup. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, taco and tofu all in one bowl. Perfect! Not gonna lie, I skipped over the sports talk! Hope you get your list checked off, I know you will :) Good luck on the upcoming 5k. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy happy Friday!!! :) Sounds like your weekend is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister had dinner with Chase U. last year. She used to date the catching coach of the phillies so she hung out with the team when they were in town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* I wish my Cardinals were in the playoffs. Nothing like post season baseball!

    Yadier will always be my main man;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY Phils! I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I still love the brotherly love that the Phillies bring to Philly. My dad has tix in the hall of fame tonight and had to give them away because my mom wants him to come to a dinner party....ohhhhhh so whipped.

    Hope you have a great start to your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm happy that the phillies are winning also b/c that makes abe happy.

    ReplyDelete