Saturday, August 7, 2010

Morning Excitement



I bounced out of bed this morning at 6:30am.  Sleep wasn't happening due to all of the excitement, so blowing some of it off with an early morning run was just what I needed. 


I ran 6 miles this morning in ideal temperatures.  I was actually a little chilly at first, but as you can see, the end result was one sweaty mess. I'm finding that running in the sports bra is really not as intimidating as I imagined and not having a tang top stuck to my skin makes the run a lot more freeing.  Still love the hand held water bottle too!! 

After the run, a shower, and a bit more packing, I put together breakfast for me and Toly.  And as promised, I delivered with "lauren-style waffles." 

Mine….


2 Natures Path MultiGrain Waffles with Vanilla Chobani, Berries, Sliced Banan, PB Granola and Agave 


Almost forgot I had 1/2 a grapefruit hiding in the fridge.  

Toly's waffles…..


2 Eggo's with banana, blueberries and granola with syrup

We also had a little bit of cherries to finish.


 A great way to start our travels. 




I even had enough for two glasses of Iced Coffee, so Toly got to enjoy some today.  He LOVED it!  I don't think he's ever really had my iced coffee.  I don't usually share.  Guess I better start making double batches. 

Well, fridge is cleaned out, all packed, and ready to hit the sky.  Las Vegas is about to get a little more crazy!!! :) 







Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice run (always a must before a plane ride). Have fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh those waffles look insanely delicious! Have fun in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe there are some things I don't share as well :p Sports bra running IS so freeing. I love it. AND those waffles. Oh my goodness. I love how you top all of your food :D It's so delicious and just takes each meal to another level, you know? It's like.. you always know that one thing that's missing and you've got it covered.

    XOXO safe travels my love!! I'll be thinking of you, and I can't wait to see all of the adventures you're going to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun in vegas! how long will you be there for? abe and i are always toying around with the idea of just hopping in the car and driving there. it's what we say whenever we suggest "doing something new."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a safe trip, can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great run!! Have a great time in Vegas!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete