Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Secret to Looking Young


Spoiled we have been with this weather!  Another gorgeous day!  

I ran 5 miles this morning but slower than normal.  It was so weird because I felt like I was going really fast, but when I realized I was averaging a 9 min/mile, I was surprised! Oh well, my legs always seem to slow down by Thursday after 4 days of running in a row.  Good thing Friday is my rest day! 

I am so in love with berries, especially when they are local, fresh picked and entirely 100% organic!  My breakfast bowl was overflowing with the sweet goodness! 

1/4 Cup TJ's Twigs and Flakes, 1/4 Cup Kashi Go Lean, POM Chobani, Berries, 1/2 Banana, Honey Almond Granola, Vanilla Almond Butter


Cantaloupe with Cottage Cheese


Iced Coffee! 

So I told you guys yesterday that I had a fun appointment today.  I am planning a celebration luncheon for a scholarship program that I run and I've been scoping out places to hold it.  Well, I recently found out that our CEO has made a great connection with the owner of a fantastic coffee house that specializes in healthy, organic and natural foods.  This coffee shop also has a full culinary kitchen attached with a beautiful banquet room to hold parties and business meetings.  Today, my coworker and I met with the owner. 

Sue owns Cornerstone Coffeehouse and is just about the sweetest person I have met in a long time.

 

We chatted about her great shop and how she strives on incorporating healthy organic foods and ingredients into everything she makes.  She too believes in putting natural and wholesome things into your body and has followed this kind of mindset for years.  Do you believe that Sue is in her 50's?!?!  She looks amazing!  If I look like her when I am 50, I would be extremely happy with myself.  Sue says she credits her youthful look and demure to living a fully healthy and happy life.  Amen sister! 

I told her about my blog and she was so excited to read it!  How cool! 

After we chatted for awhile, Sue was so sweet to buy us lunch.  

I started with a fresh Blueberry Iced Tea



And ordered the Mediterranean Grilled Wrap- Hummus, Roasted Red Peppers, Cucumber, Feta and Tomatoes.  It came with a fantastic side salad- Spring Lettuce, Cranberries, Walnuts, Toasted Coconut in a homemade balsamic. 


The food was outstanding!  So fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. 

My coworker ordered a South of the Border Panini- Sun Dried Tomatoes, Avocado, Pepper Jack Cheese, Chipotle Mayo on homemade Jalapeno Cheddar Bread. 


What a great lunch!  I love this place and definitely see myself as a frequent visitor!  Uh oh, Juice and Java may get a run for it's money! :) 


The rest of the day wasn't as exciting but went by fast.

When I got home the first thing Toly said to me was "Chipotle Bowls tonight?"  Haha, my man knows whats up! 

Homemade Chipotle Bowls


I made an Organic Brown Rice mix with Black Beans for the base.  Then I sauteed tofu, zucchini, red onion, and green pepper in some salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder.  I layered a bed of shredded lettuce, rice, tofu and veggies, leftover black bean/corn/mango salad, homemade guac, salsa and plain yogurt. Now that is as close to the real thing that you are going to get and dare I say a bit more pumped up! 


Thank heavens tomorrow is Friday!  Sadly, I do have to work, but then it's off for a long weekend.  Can not wait! :) 

Enjoy the evening everyone! 



Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. What a cool place! And Sue looks AMAZING. Both sandwiches look great and I love the fruit in the salads. Great chipotle bowls. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! ah! Three day weekend...here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome place! Looks like you guys had tons of fun and your food looks awesome!

    Yay for a long weekend! I am so ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING Chipotle bowl - I would venture to say it looks like it tasted better than the real thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Sue seems like an amazing woman. And I must say, there may be nothing better than local and organic summer berries. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so young! My mom has very youthful genes that I hope I inherited, plus I have a healthy diet so hopefully I will age well.

    ReplyDelete