Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's The Little Things


I often get caught up in the "Big Picture."  I am very goal oriented and tend to view my success on large scale rather than little aspects that lead me to that end all goal.  I truly believe that every step we take that leads us to where we are going is something to celebrate.  Lets face it, no one ever reached their full potential without the many experiences, failures, and lessons learned along the way. 

So today, I celebrate the small stuff….

Like farm fresh berries and vanilla almond butter…..



1/4 Cup TJ's Twigs and Flakes, 1/4 Cup Millet Flakes, Berries, 1/2 Banana, Berry Chobani, Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter, Granola, Chia and Flax



Like the way you feel when someone notices a small difference in the way you look and compliments that change….


I curled my hair today for the first time in awhile and I had a few compliments which made me feel so good. 

Like seeing friendly, heartwarming faces with plates full of homemade baked goods….


Remember Sue, owner of Cornerstone Cafe (my favorite coffee shop)?  A few co-workers of mine stopped in today to pick up a cookie tray from her to take to a lunch n' learn that I was presenting.  She always makes my day! 

Especially when she gives me one of her amazing homemade breakfast cookies full of oats, raisins, dates  and nuts. 



It's the little things throughout my day that bring me joy, like sipping peach mango smoothies with co-workers….



And eating fantastic leftover salads (but with awful office lighting) 


It's the very minimal action of finding a new recipe and finding out it's incredible! 

Grilled Zucchini Spears with Dijon Lemon Pesto Vinaigrette


Eating incredibly messy Shrimp Gyros in the backyard….




Savoring the jewels of summer like sugary sweet watermelon and golden corn on the cob. 



Yes friends, it's the small stuff that we need to celebrate.  For its the simplicity of it all, the simple things in life that we only have.  

"Simplicity is indeed often the sign of truth and a criterion of beauty." -Mahlon Hoagland





Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. this post was so beautiful. I agree with you whole heartedly. Life is ALL about little things- little things make up the big things & the big things don't usually happen all at once (if that makes sense). i truly believe finding joy in day-to-day things makes for a happy life.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! I like it when a little change makes a big different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your curly hair is adorable :)

    I always think about the large picture as opposed to focusing on the little things. I'm going to use your post to start taking a few minutes everyday to start enjoying my little successes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen - the small stuff makes life....amazing :) The breakfast cookie looks so good- what a great treat. And your dinner screams summer like nothing else. Summer fruit=heaven. I hope it never goes away. Happy almost Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I have a lot in common. I am a very big picture type of a person too, and I often forget to sit back and appreciate all the small, intricate beauty of day to day living. Thank you for inspiring me to savor the small things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree. It's so easy to get caught up in things that seem so dramatic that you just completely forget to celebrate little pleasures.

    Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely agree! Sometimes the big picture takes over and I forget to enjoy the small stuff! Taking a step back and enjoying the little things is always refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post! I'm actually the opposite in that I often focus on the immediate future and fail to see the bigger picture. But at the same time I often take life's little pleasures for granted, so this was a great reminder to slow down and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simplicity at its finest :) I couldn't agree more!! I've been dying to get to a TJs. Which one did you go to last weekend? I didn't realize there were any within driving distance?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely beautiful post. This goes down as one of my favorites by far. I curled my hair today too. I feel so great! No one can tell that I had an emotional breakdown this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That homemade cookie looks really good!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. well said! it's the little things that make life worth living!

    ReplyDelete