Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Celebration of Motherhood


We have many reasons to celebrate the joys of motherhood this year.  (No, not me quite yet…..) My sister will be a mom this year, Toly's sister will be a mom for a 2nd time around, and both of our mothers are the reason for all of this wonderful process of reproduction! 

So today, we celebrated them all! 

But breakfast first…...


This bowl of oats was unreal!  I am still thinking about how good it was. 
  • 1/4 C Irish Oats
  • 2 TBL Vanilla Almond Oats
  • 1 Tsp Chia and Flax
  • 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
  • 1/4 Cup water
  • 1/2 ripe banana 
  • Spiced Chunky Apple Sauce (stirred in at end) 
  • Toppings: Almond Butter, Honey Oikos, PB granola 

Wow!  Apple Banana Oats, I think I love you! 

Toly and I enjoyed breakfast on the couch while watching Friday Night Lights.  He didn't get any of my oats but rather I made him eggs. 


This afternoon, my mom, my sister and I went to Lena (my sister in law's) baby shower.  

Both of our sister's are expecting this year and not too far apart in due dates.


Two beautiful preggos! 

Lena is having a girl this time and was very happy to get all things pink for their new little addition. 


Congratulations Lena and Steve!! We are so excited for Baby Abigail to arrive. 


More mom's were honored today, but these two are not currently pregnant! (or at least we hope not) 

My mom…..

Toly's mom…..


One big family...


We took our mom's out for sushi and let the dad's tag along.



Some highlights of the night….









Everything was wonderful!!!  Even though I honor my mom every day for the amazing woman she is, it's always nice to have a good reason to treat her for this. 



Thank you mom for showing me what true beauty really is, for teaching me to become a strong and passionate woman, and for always exemplifying unending love and compassion.  

I Love you! Happy Mother's Day! 


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tear...*

    I miss my mommy so much now. Happy Mother's Day to your mom! I'm glad she got to spend the day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, congrats to both your sisters, that's awesome!! Hearing of new additions always makes me smily :) Looks like a lovely way to spend Mother's day, hope today is just as wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your sisters!!! How exciting! And I love the idea of adding applesauce to oatmeal...definitely will be trying that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots of baby action in your family right now! Congrats to all the expectant mothers and happy mama's day to both your Mom and Toly's Mom! Looks like you guys had such a good time celebrating :) I went to lunch with my Mom today and we saw Josh's Mom this AM before we left Penn state!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like the celebrating was a blast. and i LOVE the sushi photos~ you've got me craving it now ;) love that last photo. you guys are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete